digitalmars.D.announce - dsource.org - down

reply Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

BA
May 07 2005
next sibling parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d5jg8e$2gk$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Brad Anderson says...
dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
Ack, sorry to hear about that Brad. (I guess that explains the outage) Hope the migration works well. If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to email me. - EricAnderton at yahoo
May 07 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Unknown W. Brackets" <unknown simplemachines.org> writes:
How were you hacked, if you'd be willing to mention?

-[Unknown]

prev sibling next sibling parent John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

 We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
 one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
 with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
 hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

 BA
Hacked! No! Grrrrr....
May 07 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

 We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
 one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
 with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
 hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

 BA
arg, that's too bad. goodluck moving to the new server.
May 08 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Dejan Lekic <leka entropy.tmok.com> writes:
Brad, if you have trouble, i am offering you a place on my personal server
on 8mbit/sec server 'till you find something...

Dejan Lekic
  http://dejan.lekic.org

May 08 2005
parent reply Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
Dejan Lekic wrote:
 Brad, if you have trouble, i am offering you a place on my personal server
 on 8mbit/sec server 'till you find something...

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it, but that's not the problem. I already have the bandwidth and the new server. I'm just going to take this opportunity to move to another server that will be easier to keep the packages up-to-date - i.e. safer from known exploits. I'm almost done getting all of the Subversion repositories back up and running, but 'WRITE' permissions will be an issue for a while. This same issue will hold up Forums and any admin function on Projects. [1] My main goal is to get the SVN repos w/ 'READ' permissions as well as the Project pages w/ information and downloads to be back online. [2] For a while, everyone will be anonymous, until I can bring a newer authz/authn scheme up and running. Then, everything else works, including Forums, SVN WRITE, Project Admin, etc, including Trac. DNS is now pointing to the new server, so something is up and displaying, but not much. Hopefully tonight I can get to [1]. BA
May 08 2005
next sibling parent Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 Dejan Lekic wrote:

[...]
It's good to see something is displaying. Good luck.
May 08 2005
prev sibling parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 Dejan Lekic wrote:

[...]

Anymore news? How long do you expect to take to get to [2]?
May 12 2005
Hasan Aljudy wrote:
 Brad Anderson wrote:

 Dejan Lekic wrote:

[...]

Forums and Tutorials are back online, but again, are read-only. I only have to solve the authz/authn issue and we should be good to go. I'd be shocked if it wasn't complete at the end of the weekend, and I'm trying to solve it in the next few free hours I get. Maybe tonite. BA
May 12 2005
parent Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 Hasan Aljudy wrote:

Brad Anderson wrote:

Dejan Lekic wrote:

[...]

dsource.org is back up and running. I don't think all the kinks are worked out yet, but most everything is back, and the new authn/authz system seems to be working fine. Here is some info on how to re-establish your account: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=801 and here's info about the change to SVN: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115 Enjoy, BA
May 13 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent J C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
Brad Anderson wrote:
 dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

 We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
 one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
 with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
 hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

 BA
Sorry to hear about the hacking. If you need any help getting the tutorials/examples working again (whether it's the PHP edition or the new Trac wiki idea), just let me know. In the meantime, I uploaded the last snapshot I made (in case someone is suffering from examples-withdrawal syndrome): http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dsrc_examples/ It's a long page (477kb) and I'm not sure how much bandwidth I have, so if it "disappears" that's probably just Tripod cutting off my website for the rest of the day. ;) -- jcc7 http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
May 11 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Charlie" <charles jwavro.com> writes:
Hmm, seems I took dsource.org for granted!  We appreciate your taking time
to do this it means alot to the D community.

Also , anyone know where I can find ares download ??

Thanks,
Charles

"Brad Anderson" <brad dsource.dot.org> wrote in message
news:d5jg8e$2gk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

 We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old
 one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be
 with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I
 hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

 BA
May 12 2005
In article <d5vvs9$h45$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charlie says...

Yes, I keep an up to date copy here: http://home.f4.ca/sean/d/ares.zip (http://home.f4.ca/sean/d is a "web page" with links to the files in that directory as well) I'm currently working on getting Posix support up to snuff, so with any luck Ares will soon work as well with GDC as with DMD. The side benefit is that I'm defining a bunch of Posix headers that will go in std.c.posix (replacing std.c.unix), and I will bundle these in the standard C zipfile as well. Sean
Sean Kelly wrote:
 In article <d5vvs9$h45$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charlie says...

Hmm, seems I took dsource.org for granted!  We appreciate your taking time
to do this it means alot to the D community.

Also , anyone know where I can find ares download ??
Yes, I keep an up to date copy here: http://home.f4.ca/sean/d/ares.zip (http://home.f4.ca/sean/d is a "web page" with links to the files in that directory as well) I'm currently working on getting Posix support up to snuff, so with any luck Ares will soon work as well with GDC as with DMD. The side benefit is that I'm defining a bunch of Posix headers that will go in std.c.posix (replacing std.c.unix), and I will bundle these in the standard C zipfile as well. Sean
The SVN repositories have been up for a few days now, but read-only. So, basically, the admins can not commit any local changes until I get authn/authz sorted out. If you need a copy of the latest: % svn co http://svn.dsource.org/projects/ares/trunk ares BA
May 12 2005