digitalmars.D - SDWest 2004 (maybe off-topic)

reply a lurker <a_member pathlink.com> writes:
I'm surprised i found this in the presentation on D that's available on this
site:

 Ever tried to declare in C
 a pointer to a pointer to an array of pointers to ints?
 int *(**p[]);
Shouldn't it be int *(**p)[]; ??? Whether this is known or not, i think an errata should be made available...
Apr 29 2005
next sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"a lurker" <a_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d4usfo$26jq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm surprised i found this in the presentation on D that's available on
this
 site:

 Ever tried to declare in C
 a pointer to a pointer to an array of pointers to ints?
 int *(**p[]);
Shouldn't it be int *(**p)[]; ??? Whether this is known or not, i think an errata should be made
available... It's known. It was pointed out while I gave the talk at SDWest, and was cause for much merriment.
Apr 30 2005
prev sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
a lurker wrote:
 I'm surprised i found this in the presentation on D that's available on this
 site:

 Ever tried to declare in C
 a pointer to a pointer to an array of pointers to ints?
Shouldn't it be int *(**p)[]; ??? Whether this is known or not, i think an errata should be made available...
And even this looks wrong: int *(*fp)(); // C int* function()* fp; // D Should it be int* function() fp; // D ??? Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
May 04 2005