digitalmars.D - Using for osdev

reply jonathan purevoid.org writes:
Hi,

I'm interested in utilising D for operating system development, and am wondering
what the best path is to hacking the phobos runtime library so that I can
compile & link with barely any C environment.

I am using the linux dmd compiler, and would need to remove the threading code
that seems to be used in various internal modules of dmd, and am wondering what
the consequences would be of removing such code.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathan Roewen
Apr 02 2005
parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
Hi, Jonathan,

Seems like idea is quite popular:

|->Trevor ( www.pathlink.com ) wrote:

| Does anyone know if writing a kernel in D would be worthwhile?
|
| Opinions... ?
|
| I am considdering writing a C++ kernel, but, the runtime support seems
| rather annoying, and it makes me wonder if D wouldn't be better.
|
| Ideas, comments, suggestions...?

Some links:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?KernelWithD

Thomas