www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - 2.063 release

reply Russel Winder <russel winder.org.uk> writes:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
download :-(
--=20
Russel.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n=
et
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder
May 30 2013
next sibling parent "Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy yahoo.com> writes:
On Thu, 30 May 2013 12:04:22 -0400, Russel Winder <russel winder.org.uk>  
wrote:

 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Ick. We used to have github able to serve as a download server, but alas, https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads Consider building from source, even if you have to learn how to build it, probably less than 3 weeks :) -Steve
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Adam Wilson" <flyboynw gmail.com> writes:
On Thu, 30 May 2013 09:14:17 -0700, Steven Schveighoffer  
<schveiguy yahoo.com> wrote:

 On Thu, 30 May 2013 12:04:22 -0400, Russel Winder <russel winder.org.uk>  
 wrote:

 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Ick. We used to have github able to serve as a download server, but alas, https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads Consider building from source, even if you have to learn how to build it, probably less than 3 weeks :) -Steve

If I could get a copy, my company would be willing to mirror on our Amazon S3 instance. Unfortunately, by the time, I get one it won't matter anymore. :-P -- Adam Wilson IRC: LightBender Project Coordinator The Horizon Project http://www.thehorizonproject.org/
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Brad Anderson" <eco gnuk.net> writes:
On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 16:04:36 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks 
 to
 download :-(

:( I tried to encourage S3: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/pull/16 dlang.org is barely even loading web pages at the moment. I think it's safe to say D has outgrown this server's capacity (at least for hosting the downloads).
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/30/2013 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Some of the downloads have been moved to S3 (Thanks, Brad!). The download links are here: http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html
May 30 2013
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/30/2013 10:29 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
 On 5/30/13 10:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/30/2013 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Some of the downloads have been moved to S3 (Thanks, Brad!). The download links are here: http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html

Why is this a digitalmars.com link and not a dlang.org link? The dlang.org downloads page (you know, the one that everyone is going to see?) still has the non-s3 links.

Because I'm working on it!
May 30 2013
parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/30/2013 10:53 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/30/2013 10:29 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
 On 5/30/13 10:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/30/2013 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Some of the downloads have been moved to S3 (Thanks, Brad!). The download links are here: http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html

Why is this a digitalmars.com link and not a dlang.org link? The dlang.org downloads page (you know, the one that everyone is going to see?) still has the non-s3 links.

Because I'm working on it!

Should be fixed now.
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
On 5/30/13 10:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/30/2013 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
 download :-(

Some of the downloads have been moved to S3 (Thanks, Brad!). The download links are here: http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html

Why is this a digitalmars.com link and not a dlang.org link? The dlang.org downloads page (you know, the one that everyone is going to see?) still has the non-s3 links.
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy yahoo.com> writes:
On Thu, 30 May 2013 14:39:25 -0400, Walter Bright  
<newshound2 digitalmars.com> wrote:

 Should be fixed now.

Thanks, I confirm that is fixed. Changelog still points to ftp site. -Steve
May 30 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Andrea Fontana" <nospam example.com> writes:
On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 17:19:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/30/2013 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
 It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks 
 to
 download :-(

Some of the downloads have been moved to S3 (Thanks, Brad!). The download links are here: http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html

Why not, for example, mega.co.nz? Blazing fast and free. Am I missing something?
May 31 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Dicebot" <m.strashun gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 08:38:47 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
 Why not, for example, mega.co.nz? Blazing fast and free. Am I 
 missing something?

Using common file share services to distribute an official release is bad for reputation. As a mirror at most.
May 31 2013
prev sibling parent "Andrea Fontana" <nospam example.com> writes:
On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 08:42:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
 On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 08:38:47 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
 Why not, for example, mega.co.nz? Blazing fast and free. Am I 
 missing something?

Using common file share services to distribute an official release is bad for reputation. As a mirror at most.

Of course I mean that. A mirror link for forum readers, not official link :)
May 31 2013