digitalmars.D - Visual Studio plugin for D

reply rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html
I'm developing D IDE plugin for Visual Studio.net 2003 using VSIP SDK.
Currently only basic features available.
-Project Creating
-Build
-Debug
I'm planning to integrate full D Language Service into it.
like code completion, method tips, etc.

Currently This plugin is not for practical use yet.
but, Anyone who's interested in.  Please test and report bug.
Mar 03 2005
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
But getting this (see attachment)
Seems like .dproj file extension was not registered during installation.
(My guess)

 I'm developing D IDE plugin for Visual Studio.net 2003 using VSIP SDK.
 Currently only basic features available.
 -Project Creating
 -Build
 -Debug
 I'm planning to integrate full D Language Service into it.
 like code completion, method tips, etc.

 Currently This plugin is not for practical use yet.
 but, Anyone who's interested in.  Please test and report bug.

Mar 03 2005
parent reply rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d07rkh$i6k$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andrew Fedoniouk says...
But getting this (see attachment)
Seems like .dproj file extension was not registered during installation.
(My guess)

It's seems like plugin is not recognized from VS. I think written registry information is anything wrong. I tried to install plugin after clear registry information and VS reinstall. and then plugin works. Is there anyone else who get this error message "project type (.dproj) is not installed"?
Mar 03 2005
parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
I have not full VS installation.
It is just a VC++.NET product.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/productinfo/overview/default.aspx
It uses common VS IDE though.

Andrew.

 Thanks! but I don't know why this error happened.
 It's seems like plugin is not recognized from VS.
 I think written registry information is anything wrong.

 I tried to install plugin after clear registry information and VS
 reinstall. and
 then plugin works.
 Is there anyone else who get this error message "project type (.dproj) is
 not
 installed"?

Mar 03 2005
parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d084m4$2ifa$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andrew Fedoniouk says...
I have not full VS installation.
It is just a VC++.NET product.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/productinfo/overview/default.aspx
It uses common VS IDE though.

I don't know whether this plugin works VS Standard Edition. Probabry VS Professional or above edition is required. Try to this: Replace existing files with this http://reverie.xrea.jp/files/VSstandard.zip Change registry value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ VisualStudio\7.1\Packages\{E0FD742F-AE46-4E5B-B685-9FA6F53D4B37} MinEdition "professional" to "standard"
Mar 03 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
"rsl" <rsl_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d07kf8$aka$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html
 I'm developing D IDE plugin for Visual Studio.net 2003 using VSIP SDK.
 Currently only basic features available.
 -Project Creating
 -Build
 -Debug
 I'm planning to integrate full D Language Service into it.
 like code completion, method tips, etc.

 Currently This plugin is not for practical use yet.

I disagree - It is definately better than Notepad! Thank you - and it is definately worth continued work if you have the time!
 but, Anyone who's interested in.  Please test and report bug.

It would be nice to be able to change the compiler path for the environment (for example, I don't have D installed at c:\dmd\bin\dmd.exe). Right now it looks like either move DMD or edit each project file. Also, it would be nice to not be prompted for each build (or to be able to change this behaviour). See attached. - Dave
Mar 03 2005
parent reply rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d0837r$2gui$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
It would be nice to be able to change the compiler path for the environment
(for example, I don't have D installed at c:\dmd\bin\dmd.exe). Right now it
looks like either move DMD or edit each project file.

I agreed. Compiler path and library path should not be project settings, but common enviroment settings.
Also, it would be nice to not be prompted for each build (or to be able to
change this behaviour). See attached.

I haven't seen that message box yet. how you get that?
Mar 03 2005
parent reply "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
"rsl" <rsl_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d0853j$2ir4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <d0837r$2gui$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
It would be nice to be able to change the compiler path for the
environment
(for example, I don't have D installed at c:\dmd\bin\dmd.exe). Right now
it
looks like either move DMD or edit each project file.

I agreed. Compiler path and library path should not be project settings, but common enviroment settings.
Also, it would be nice to not be prompted for each build (or to be able to
change this behaviour). See attached.

I haven't seen that message box yet. how you get that?

Each time I press F5 (or select Debug -> Start) to run after modifying a source file. This is the same behavior as C/C++ projects. "Build" above is the wrong word - when I just do a build, it doesn't prompt. Also, I noticed in the *.dproj files, there is this mis-spelling "InlineChenced" (I'm assuming it should be 'InlineChecked'). - Dave
Mar 03 2005
parent reply rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d087en$2l5k$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
Each time I press F5 (or select Debug -> Start) to run after modifying a
source file. This is the same behavior as C/C++ projects.

I'm also think this behavior is not necessary. I'll add checkbox or something else for not appeard this.
Also, I noticed in the *.dproj files, there is this mis-spelling
"InlineChenced" (I'm assuming it should be 'InlineChecked').

Mar 03 2005
parent reply "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
"rsl" <rsl_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d08a2j$2nr0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <d087en$2l5k$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
Each time I press F5 (or select Debug -> Start) to run after modifying a
source file. This is the same behavior as C/C++ projects.

I'm also think this behavior is not necessary. I'll add checkbox or something else for not appeard this.
Also, I noticed in the *.dproj files, there is this mis-spelling
"InlineChenced" (I'm assuming it should be 'InlineChecked').

A couple other things.. I noticed that a console window for the dmd compiler or linker is shown for a build. I'm thinking it is probably the linker. I'm wondering if this can be suppressed and its output also redirected to the "Output" window for the IDE. The other thing is that the object files don't end-up in the 'Release' and 'Debug' folders but in the project root folder (nor are the Release and Debug folders ever created). Thanks, - Dave
Mar 03 2005
parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d08mot$1tj$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...

A couple other things..

I noticed that a console window for the dmd compiler or linker is shown for
a build. I'm thinking it is probably the linker.

I'm wondering if this can be suppressed and its output also redirected to
the "Output" window for the IDE.

I know, that's why linker output is not send to "Output Window Pane" but, I don't know how to fix it. Probably it's VSIP SDK's ploblem. I use helper function in SDK that is passed arguments and then build it. but, no parameter to redirect linker output, and,it's COM object. so I can't touch inside it. In VS 2005 & VSIP SDK 2005. this problem is fixed. I'll postpone dealing with this problem until VS2005 released. or, I planning to use msbuild for build system.but It's not available until net framework 2.0 released too.
The other thing is that the object files don't end-up in the 'Release' and
'Debug' folders but in the project root folder (nor are the Release and
Debug folders ever created).

Sorry,it's not implemented yet. Because, I can't find how to place output file in it. for .obj there is compiler option -odobjdir. but for .exe, .lib, .dll How ? -offilename option is not recognize "\". I can specify output directory for .exe file like "dmd Debug\a.exe" but how to do for .lib and .dll.
Mar 03 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply <Altair_liu hotmail.com> writes:
Hi,rsl:
    I can't access http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html.
And can't download the file. Would you please send the file to me or just
upload it to the forum.
My mail address is altair_liu hotmail.com .

Thanks!

"rsl" <rsl_member pathlink.com> write:d07kf8$aka$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html
 I'm developing D IDE plugin for Visual Studio.net 2003 using VSIP SDK.
 Currently only basic features available.
 -Project Creating
 -Build
 -Debug
 I'm planning to integrate full D Language Service into it.
 like code completion, method tips, etc.

 Currently This plugin is not for practical use yet.
 but, Anyone who's interested in.  Please test and report bug.

Mar 04 2005
parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d0b5o6$2jfa$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Altair_liu hotmail.com says...
Hi,rsl:
    I can't access http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html.
And can't download the file. Would you please send the file to me or just
upload it to the forum.

I think it's because my wiki setting is anything wrong. Please tell me what browser are you using? Try these file instead. html: http://reverie.xrea.jp/files/VSpluginD.html file : http://reverie.xrea.jp/files/VSpluginD.zip
Mar 04 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Shawn Liu" <liuxuhong.cn gmail.com> writes:
"rsl" <rsl_member pathlink.com> wrote :d07kf8$aka$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://reverie.xrea.jp/wiki/VSpluginD.html
 I'm developing D IDE plugin for Visual Studio.net 2003 using VSIP SDK.
 Currently only basic features available.
 -Project Creating
 -Build
 -Debug
 I'm planning to integrate full D Language Service into it.
 like code completion, method tips, etc.

 Currently This plugin is not for practical use yet.
 but, Anyone who's interested in.  Please test and report bug.

How to register the addins? After call regsvr32.exe Dprj.dll, the progID still can not be found in the registray table. HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft VisualStudio 7.1 Addins ProgID1 ProgID2 what the ProgID of DPrj.dll is ?
Mar 25 2005
parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d20vfg$2ke6$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Shawn Liu says...

How to register the addins?

After call regsvr32.exe Dprj.dll, the progID still can not be found in the
registray table.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
   Software
      Microsoft