digitalmars.D - Preparing DStress for Windows

reply "Thomas Kuehne" <eisvogel users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Hi,

I'm currently preparing the DStress test suite
(http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/dstress.html) for Windows.

The test code for the "simple" test cases is now in one C file instead of
several shell lines in the Makefile.
http://dstress.kuehne.cn/dstress.c [No, this isn't a code beauty contests ;)]

e.g.
dstress run some_source_file.d
dstress nocompile test/another_source.html 2> detailed.log 1> results.txt

As far as I'm aware only the simple "loadFile" functions needs a Windows
counterpart.

Anybody willing?

Thomas
Jan 27 2005
next sibling parent reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Thomas Kuehne wrote:
 Hi,

 I'm currently preparing the DStress test suite
 (http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/dstress.html) for Windows.

 The test code for the "simple" test cases is now in one C file
 instead of several shell lines in the Makefile.
 http://dstress.kuehne.cn/dstress.c [No, this isn't a code beauty
 contests ;)]

Did you write it in C to make sure that a DMD regression doesn't stop you from running the suite? :-)
 e.g.
 dstress run some_source_file.d
 dstress nocompile test/another_source.html 2> detailed.log 1> results.txt

 As far as I'm aware only the simple "loadFile" functions needs a
 Windows counterpart.

 Anybody willing?

You mean willing to write the Windows counterpart? I suppose I could have a go.... (Just looking at it, it appears that, given a file of size -1, it will allocate a zero-length buffer and set the byte just after the end of it to '\0', which I guess isn't what you meant? What is a file of size -1, anyway?) Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Jan 27 2005
parent "Thomas Kuehne" <eisvogel users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Stewart Gordon schrieb in news:ctbb33$2pi1$1 digitaldaemon.com :
 Thomas Kuehne wrote:
 Hi,

 I'm currently preparing the DStress test suite
 (http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/dstress.html) for Windows.

 The test code for the "simple" test cases is now in one C file
 instead of several shell lines in the Makefile.
 http://dstress.kuehne.cn/dstress.c [No, this isn't a code beauty
 contests ;)]

Did you write it in C to make sure that a DMD regression doesn't stop you from running the suite? :-)

How could I write the test tool for the very compiler I am going to scrutinise?
 (Just looking at it, it appears that, given a file of size -1, it will
 allocate a zero-length buffer and set the byte just after the end of it
 to '\0', which I guess isn't what you meant?  What is a file of size -1,
 anyway?)

Mhh... Thomas
Jan 28 2005
In article <ctb7bu$2k90$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Thomas Kuehne says...

I think this does it (see attached file). It's based on std.file.read ---------------- Carlos Santander
Carlos Santander schrieb in news:ctbbr2$2qgd$1 digitaldaemon.com :
 In article <ctb7bu$2k90$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Thomas Kuehne says...
Hi,

I'm currently preparing the DStress test suite
(http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/dstress.html) for Windows.

The test code for the "simple" test cases is now in one C file instead of
several shell lines in the Makefile.
http://dstress.kuehne.cn/dstress.c [No, this isn't a code beauty contests ;)]

e.g.
dstress run some_source_file.d
dstress nocompile test/another_source.html 2> detailed.log 1> results.txt

As far as I'm aware only the simple "loadFile" functions needs a Windows
counterpart.

Anybody willing?

I think this does it (see attached file). It's based on std.file.read

Thanks. I have applied a small patch for "system"'s return value and put it online. Thomas
Jan 28 2005