digitalmars.D - RECLS doc needs updating?

reply Kramer <Kramer_member pathlink.com> writes:
I think the std.recls documentation might need updating.  I got compile errors
on class FileSearch not being found and some flags that were mis-named.  I found
the class to use looking through the source, but just thought I'd mention it.

Also, the linker was looking for library: stlp45dm_static.lib, but I couldn't
find it on the dmd distribution.  Where can I find this?

Matthew, I know you've been out of pocket for a while and have a ton of other
stuff, but this is a nice module; thanks for it.  I hope the docs can get sync'd
up for the next release and it keeps improving. :)

-Kramer
Jan 26 2005
parent reply "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I think the std.recls documentation might need updating.  I got compile errors
 on class FileSearch not being found and some flags that were mis-named.  I
found
 the class to use looking through the source, but just thought I'd mention it.
It does. The reason is that Walter's been disinclined to include the latest updates to recls - as of halfway through last year - because it got bigger. I've got a serious plan for sorting this out, as follows: recls 1.5.3 - various small mods and fixes, including the recls/D UTF-8 handling that was part of the rejected update. . To be released very very soon recls 1.6.1 - will incorporate a serious refactoring of existing classes, such that I expect the code side to drop markedly - recls/Python - simpler directories and makefiles recls 2.0 - this will be a huge reorganisation of the library, including: - optional breadth-first searching - date/time filtering - size filtering - attributes filtering - currently searching directory callback/progress indicator - D-compatible string structure - customisable / pluggable regex path matching - recls/Ch 1.5.3 is done, and I hope to release it as soon as I can get STLSoft 1.8.3 in a releasable form. (I've got about 5 libs waiting for release, been stalled for a while.) 1.6.1 is the one Walter'll accept back into D. I hope to have this done within the next two weeks 2.0 is going to be the basis of a few instalments of my CUJ column, and will likely make it 'outside' in March.
 Also, the linker was looking for library: stlp45dm_static.lib, but I couldn't
 find it on the dmd distribution.  Where can I find this?
This should be in the lib subdir of your DMC++ distro.
 Matthew, I know you've been out of pocket for a while and have a ton of other
 stuff, but this is a nice module; thanks for it.
You're welcome. Glad to hear you like it. :-)
 I hope the docs can get sync'd
 up for the next release and it keeps improving. :)
I hope so too! In the meanwhile, you should be able to download 1.5.2 from http://recls.org/, which has all the 1.5.2 stuff apart from the UTF-8 code. So, hopefully I can get 1.5.3 out soon, and 1.6.1 out (and into Phobos) shortly thereafter. Cheers Matthew
Jan 26 2005
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 It does. The reason is that Walter's been disinclined to include the latest
updates to recls - as of halfway through
 last year - because it got bigger. I've got a serious plan for sorting this
out, as follows:

     recls 1.5.3
         - various small mods and fixes, including the recls/D UTF-8 handling
that was part of the rejected update.

 [...]

 Matthew

Does this work on linux? Because std.recls still doesn't. _______________________ Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 31 2005
parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ctmjpo$23i5$4 digitaldaemon.com...
 Matthew wrote:
 It does. The reason is that Walter's been disinclined to include the latest
updates to recls - as of halfway through
 last year - because it got bigger. I've got a serious plan for sorting this
out, as follows:

     recls 1.5.3
         - various small mods and fixes, including the recls/D UTF-8 handling
that was part of the rejected update.

 [...]

 Matthew
Does this work on linux? Because std.recls still doesn't.
Last time I tested. I should have it released this week. Sorry for the ongoing hassles. It will make clean air soon, I promise. Matthew
Jan 31 2005