digitalmars.D - windbg articles.

reply "Zz" <Zz Zz.com> writes:
These may of some interest so some D users.

 Debug Tutorial Part 4: Writing WINDBG Extensions
http://www.codeproject.com/debug/cdbntsd4.asp

 An introduction to debugging in MSVC++ using Pseudoregisters
http://www.codeproject.com/debug/pseudoregister.asp

 Zz
Nov 22 2004
next sibling parent "Asaf Karagila" <kas1 netvision.net.il> writes:
Great links,
if you want to output something to the debugger (dprintf() alike..)
OutputDebugString(); winapi is sufficient, and it works with any debugger as
well.
writing a wrapper as dprintf() shouldn't be a problem. just use a format
string with varargs,
and output using OutputDebugString..

- Asaf.

prev sibling parent "Simon Buchan" <currently no.where> writes:
 These may of some interest so some D users.

  Debug Tutorial Part 4: Writing WINDBG Extensions
 http://www.codeproject.com/debug/cdbntsd4.asp

  An introduction to debugging in MSVC++ using Pseudoregisters
 http://www.codeproject.com/debug/pseudoregister.asp

  Zz
I bumped into this with the windbg help file, but you know what M$ are like with their docs... I was thinking about making a simple extention to print D strings "Properly" until we can get .pdb's but I've never written a DLL, and I don't have a very dependable C compiler - Borland likes Borland and noone else, and Dev-C++ is just buggy as heck. Is it possible to do this in D somehow? (I'm guessing H2D and a lot of headaches) -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Nov 22 2004