www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - [announce] DUI (windows) for dmd 0.106

reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.

This version is compatible with dmd 0.106.

main page:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net
installing instructions:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/windowsInstaller.html
download:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/downloadPage.html
new Windows tool:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/windowsTools.html
dool impact on DUI:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/doolImpact.html

This contains: Gtk+, dool and DUI
it does not contain a makefile (**).

Unfortunatly the OpenGL extensions are still broken
(OpenGL extensions and tests are included)

there same changes to DUI since the last version
the most visible one being the use of ComboBox on windows.

Ant

(*) I'll make the linux distribution today,
just cheking that the changes made on windows didn't break
the linux version. The main development is still linux based.
(leds - for linux - should also be updated today)

(**) I give up on the makefile when it reported 
"error on line 107" for a makefile with 85 lines.
That's when I decided to create the installer.
Nov 20 2004
next sibling parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.

Yipee !!! Downloading :)
Nov 20 2004
parent reply "Valéry Croizier" <valery freesurf.fr> writes:
I just installed DUI on XP.
Hello.exe works fine, but
- the installer seems to assume that link.exe and lib.exe are in dmd\bin ;
they are in dm\bin
- dantfw is installed directly at c:\, ignoring the path selected with the
install shield
- there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this menu is
different in XP French edition :o)

Did someone manage to install DUI and build a program ?


"h3r3tic" <foo bar.baz> a écrit dans le message de news:
cnogr1$1vb1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ant wrote:
 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.

Yipee !!! Downloading :)

Nov 20 2004
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:22:49 +0100, Valéry Croizier wrote:

 I just installed DUI on XP.
 Hello.exe works fine, but
 - the installer seems to assume that link.exe and lib.exe are in dmd\bin ;
 they are in dm\bin

On mine it point to dm\bin. I don't know why it would point to dmd.
 - dantfw is installed directly at c:\, ignoring the path selected with the
 install shield

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)

yeap. it's hard coded.
 
 Did someone manage to install DUI and build a program ?

well, I did... :( Ant
Nov 20 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)

that's nothing: the swidish version of excel has the FUNCTION names in swidish! maybe there is a registry value with them Start\Programs, there is no environment var (on my system) that contains the value. Ant
Nov 20 2004
next sibling parent Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
Ant wrote:

 maybe there is a registry value with them Start\Programs,
 there is no environment var (on my system) that contains the value.
 
 Ant

I think there might be a function giving the correct (localized) name. Lars Ivar Igesund
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:52:37 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this menu 
 is
 different in XP French edition :o)

that's nothing: the swidish version of excel has the FUNCTION names in swidish! maybe there is a registry value with them Start\Programs, there is no environment var (on my system) that contains the value.

What does the USERPROFILE env var contain? On my system it's the directory in which the 'Start Menu' directory resides. Regan -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Nov 21 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Regan Heath wrote:
 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:52:37 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 
 Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this 
 menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)

that's nothing: the swidish version of excel has the FUNCTION names in swidish! maybe there is a registry value with them Start\Programs, there is no environment var (on my system) that contains the value.

What does the USERPROFILE env var contain? On my system it's the directory in which the 'Start Menu' directory resides.

yes, true, but the problem is the name of the "Start Menu" directory itself. Ant
Nov 21 2004
parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:34:58 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 Regan Heath wrote:
 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:52:37 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:

 Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this 
 menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)

that's nothing: the swidish version of excel has the FUNCTION names in swidish! maybe there is a registry value with them Start\Programs, there is no environment var (on my system) that contains the value.

What does the USERPROFILE env var contain? On my system it's the directory in which the 'Start Menu' directory resides.

yes, true, but the problem is the name of the "Start Menu" directory itself.

What about "SHGetSpecialFolderLocation" in shell32.dll/.lib http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shgetspecialfolderlocation.asp Regan -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Nov 21 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:54:58 +1300, Regan Heath wrote:

 On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:34:58 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 Regan Heath wrote:
 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:52:37 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:

 Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this 
 menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)




What about "SHGetSpecialFolderLocation" in shell32.dll/.lib http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shgetspecialfolderlocation.asp

thank you, seems that's what I didn't know. looking at the manuals I can see that I'll be able to do it in less the 3 years. // Syntax HRESULT SHGetSpecialFolderLocation( HWND hwndOwner, int nFolder, LPITEMIDLIST *ppidl ); // what the hell is that!... So non english DUI users I need help... Ant
Nov 21 2004
parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:05:08 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:54:58 +1300, Regan Heath wrote:

 On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:34:58 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:
 Regan Heath wrote:
 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:52:37 -0500, Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote:

 Valéry Croizier wrote:

 - there is nothing in Start\Program (by the way, the name of this
 menu is
 different in XP French edition :o)




What about "SHGetSpecialFolderLocation" in shell32.dll/.lib http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shgetspecialfolderlocation.asp

thank you, seems that's what I didn't know. looking at the manuals I can see that I'll be able to do it in less the 3 years. // Syntax HRESULT SHGetSpecialFolderLocation( HWND hwndOwner, int nFolder, LPITEMIDLIST *ppidl ); // what the hell is that!... So non english DUI users I need help...

Here is an example I whipped up quickly. --[getfolder.cpp]-- #include <windows.h> #include <shlobj.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdio.h> #ifndef FALSE #define FALSE 0 #endif #ifndef TRUE #define TRUE !FALSE #endif #define getStartMenu(p) getSpecialFolder(CSIDL_STARTMENU,p) #define getPrograms(p) getSpecialFolder(CSIDL_PROGRAMS,p) #define getDesktop(p) getSpecialFolder(CSIDL_DESKTOP,p) void shFree(void *block) { LPMALLOC pMalloc; if (SHGetMalloc(&pMalloc) != S_OK) return ; pMalloc->Free(block); pMalloc->Release(); } int getSpecialFolder(int nFolder, char *path) { LPITEMIDLIST pidl; if (!path) return FALSE; if (SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(NULL, nFolder, &pidl) != S_OK) return FALSE; if (!SHGetPathFromIDList(pidl, path)) { shFree(pidl); return FALSE; } shFree(pidl); return TRUE; } int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char path[_MAX_PATH]; CoInitialize(NULL); if (!getStartMenu(path)) printf("Failed: %d\n",GetLastError()); else printf("%s\n",path); if (!getPrograms(path)) printf("Failed: %d\n",GetLastError()); else printf("%s\n",path); if (!getDesktop(path)) printf("Failed: %d\n",GetLastError()); else printf("%s\n",path); return 0; } Regan -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Nov 21 2004
parent Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
I've also found this article on it.. it goes on to show how to create a 
link in the start menu as well..

   http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-P/files/shellapifunctions/article.php/c7209/

Regan
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Valéry Croizier wrote:
 I just installed DUI on XP.
 Hello.exe works fine, but

I think I found this problem, I just uploaded a corrected Installer.exe. please replace the one from the ZIP file and try again. I also uploaded a version of dantCompile.exe that passes the flags to the DMD compiler. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=97723&package_id=136197 ####################### the problem is on dool.io.Path where the parent directory of any path already on the root is returned as empty instead of "\". this problem might also exist on phobos.std.path (or is it phobos.std.file?) I'll check it later. Ant
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Could you make your glu.lib available somewhere ? I've been using 
Derelict w/o problems but it seems that my glu.lib is broken :(

I'm attaching my install log
Nov 20 2004
next sibling parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
h3r3tic wrote:
 Could you make your glu.lib available somewhere ? I've been using 
 Derelict w/o problems but it seems that my glu.lib is broken :(

Interestingly, I've worked around GLU by just copying DerelictGLU.lib to glu32.lib I've compiled DUI with disabled OpenGL Tests because it complained about undefined functions from opengl.lib. I had to copy the GTK2.4 files installed in "Common Files" to another directory that contained no spaces in the path because my WinXPSp2 kept insisting that it couldn't find GDK libs. I've compiled the DUI Hello World from within DIDE, the dantCompile tool crashes for me for some unknown to me reason. This may be related to the problem that I don't see any icons/stock objects, e.g. in the stock icon/button example I only have text labels. These problems may somehow be related to my system config: I have Windows installed on D: and dmd on C: maybe this has some meaning ? The setup insisted on installing GTK on D: though I've told it to install it on C: Uh... I'm going to play with it later (sleepy). Anyway, great job Ant ! I will try to help when I find some time.
Nov 20 2004
next sibling parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
h3r3tic wrote:
 Uh... I'm going to play with it later (sleepy). Anyway, great job Ant ! 
 I will try to help when I find some time.

Hehe, haven't gone to sleep yet :> been playing with DUI. I'm successfully compiling a modified Hello World program :) The image/stock object problem most probably related to this warning msg: (DUITests.exe:1796): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `pixbuf' of type `GdkPixbuf' from value of type `gchararray' I've got the dropline GTK installed (for the older version of DUI). Maybe I should uninstall GTK altogether and then reinstall with DUI - Installer version ? Any suggestions before I start hacking it ? ;)
Nov 20 2004
parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
h3r3tic wrote:
 h3r3tic wrote:
 
 Uh... I'm going to play with it later (sleepy). Anyway, great job Ant 
 ! I will try to help when I find some time.

Hehe, haven't gone to sleep yet :> been playing with DUI. I'm successfully compiling a modified Hello World program :) The image/stock object problem most probably related to this warning msg: (DUITests.exe:1796): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `pixbuf' of type `GdkPixbuf' from value of type `gchararray' I've got the dropline GTK installed (for the older version of DUI). Maybe I should uninstall GTK altogether and then reinstall with DUI - Installer version ? Any suggestions before I start hacking it ? ;)

yes, make sure your system environment variable path points to the correction Gtk. If you can ompile DUI programs it means the libs are found, if you have problems runing them means there is something wrong witht the DLLs. Ant
Nov 20 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
h3r3tic wrote:
 h3r3tic wrote:
 
 Could you make your glu.lib available somewhere ? I've been using 
 Derelict w/o problems but it seems that my glu.lib is broken :(

Interestingly, I've worked around GLU by just copying DerelictGLU.lib to glu32.lib I've compiled DUI with disabled OpenGL Tests because it complained about undefined functions from opengl.lib. I had to copy the GTK2.4 files installed in "Common Files" to another directory that contained no spaces in the path because my WinXPSp2 kept insisting that it couldn't find GDK libs.

the DLLs can be where ever you like them. the import libs (generated from implib) can NOT be on a path name with spaces.
 
 I've compiled the DUI Hello World from within DIDE, the dantCompile tool 
 crashes for me for some unknown to me reason.

this might be because you moved GTK. on the user home directory there is a subdirectory "dantfw" with a "InstallConfig.txt" - check if every thing point to the right place. dantCompile should have 4 examples, can you see them on the comboBox? dantCompile compilation targets are in <APPDATE env var>\dantefw\Targets
 This may be related to the problem that I don't see any icons/stock 
 objects, e.g. in the stock icon/button example I only have text labels.

I don't see them either. I never had the will to try to figure out why. now that you're complaining I'll probably check it ;) I'm guessing it should be a simple problem, it's simply loading images from files.
 
 These problems may somehow be related to my system config: I have 
 Windows installed on D: and dmd on C: maybe this has some meaning ? The 
 setup insisted on installing GTK on D: though I've told it to install it 
 on C:

The locations are read from the environment variables. InstallConfig.txt stores the drive letter from the system variables but it doesn't for the locations it self generates. You could try going there and add the drive letter.
 
 Uh... I'm going to play with it later (sleepy). Anyway, great job Ant ! 
 I will try to help when I find some time.

that would be nice, thank you. Ant
Nov 20 2004
parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 this might be because you moved GTK.

I've copied it and my %PATH% points to these two locations... should be fine...
 on the user home directory there is a subdirectory "dantfw"
 with a "InstallConfig.txt" - check if every thing point to the
 right place.
 dantCompile should have 4 examples, can you see them on the comboBox?
 dantCompile compilation targets are in
 <APPDATE env var>\dantefw\Targets

Yeah, I can see these in the combo. When I select one I get 'Invalid parameter' on the console and when I hit compile, it crashes. Now I know why. The wrkDir is set to "\dantfw". When I change it to "C:\dantfw", it compiles OK. I've set the installation dir to "C:\dantfw" but it's still "\dantfw"
 This may be related to the problem that I don't see any icons/stock 
 objects, e.g. in the stock icon/button example I only have text labels.

I don't see them either. I never had the will to try to figure out why. now that you're complaining I'll probably check it ;) I'm guessing it should be a simple problem, it's simply loading images from files.

Heheheh... good one. Well, raytracing with global illumination doesn't work in scroll bars, will you do it ? ;)
 These problems may somehow be related to my system config: I have 
 Windows installed on D: and dmd on C: maybe this has some meaning ? 
 The setup insisted on installing GTK on D: though I've told it to 
 install it on C:

The locations are read from the environment variables. InstallConfig.txt stores the drive letter from the system variables but it doesn't for the locations it self generates. You could try going there and add the drive letter.

I've added the drive letter everywhere in "D:\Documents and Settings\h3r3tic\Application Data\dantfw\InstallConfig.txt" but I still have to add "C:\" manually in wrkDir... Guess it's hard-coded or in some config file I have yet to find Ok, but now I *really* have to go to sleep ;) Keep up the good work, Tom
Nov 20 2004
parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 04:18:55 +0100, h3r3tic wrote:

 Ant wrote:
 
 I don't see them either. I never had the will to try to figure out why.
 now that you're complaining I'll probably check it ;)
 I'm guessing it should be a simple problem, it's simply loading
 images from files.

Heheheh... good one. Well, raytracing with global illumination doesn't work in scroll bars, will you do it ? ;)

:) I was not joking. All this past year I had no use for DUI on windows except promote D and get more DUI users. So you see: user satisfation it's important to me. Ant
Nov 20 2004
prev sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
h3r3tic wrote:
 
 I've compiled the DUI Hello World from within DIDE, the dantCompile tool 
 crashes for me for some unknown to me reason.
 This may be related to the problem that I don't see any icons/stock 
 objects, e.g. in the stock icon/button example I only have text labels.

oh!, sorry. This is a different thing. there are no images on the stock buttons because the windows look and feel is used, changing the look and feel with show the images on the stock buttons. let me confirm that...yes. go to the share\themes folder on your Gtk and rename the the Default folder to something else (DefaultWindows) and rename the Gtk folger to Default. How good the the XP look? I can only see the win2000 look. Ant
Nov 20 2004
parent h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 h3r3tic wrote:
 
 I've compiled the DUI Hello World from within DIDE, the dantCompile 
 tool crashes for me for some unknown to me reason.
 This may be related to the problem that I don't see any icons/stock 
 objects, e.g. in the stock icon/button example I only have text labels.

oh!, sorry. This is a different thing. there are no images on the stock buttons because the windows look and feel is used, changing the look and feel with show the images on the stock buttons. let me confirm that...yes. go to the share\themes folder on your Gtk and rename the the Default folder to something else (DefaultWindows) and rename the Gtk folger to Default. How good the the XP look? I can only see the win2000 look. Ant

Done that ! Themes work fine :) The XP look is quite good but that's not what I want from GTK :> if I can have cosmic-looking GUI with minimal effort, why should I use native-like look ;) Actually DUI works like a charm now with one little exception - images not rendering (e.g. the 'Image' demo). For those who don't like the default look or just want more, here's the link: http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/ Download one of those and put the theme (extracted) to your GTK install dir \share\themes. Some of these themes probably won't work as expected. But I've got the solution just right out of the box ;] Go here: http://codeinsane.info/listDir.spy?viewType=detailed&path=download%2Fgtk%2Fengines and download those dll's (or some of them, probably pixbuf and pixmap), put them to your GTK install dir \lib\gtk-2.0\2.4.0\engines They are responsible for the rendering of these themes. There's one more thing... One doesn't have to rename the theme folders to 'Default' to have a different look. There's a simpler option. Download this file: http://codeinsane.info/download/gtk/gtk2_prefs.exe and put it to your GTK install dir \bin. When ran, it lets you select the theme in a nice visual way so that you may check its look immediately :) <sidenote>Once I've read that there's no pixmap (pixbuf?) for Win32... However on some forums I've read that there's an engine similar in functionality that can work as the original pixmap (buf?) so I've renamed it and it's fine. It has worked for me with PyGTK and works fine with DUI as well, so these .dll engines will hopefully work for anyone. They are not the most recent versions, I've probably downloaded them like ... half a year ago, but they still work fine</sidenote> </h3>
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

h3r3tic wrote:
 Could you make your glu.lib available somewhere ? I've been using 
 Derelict w/o problems but it seems that my glu.lib is broken :(
 
 I'm attaching my install log

opengl and glu libs should with the other libs at dantfw\GTK\lib As the OpenGL extension only work on some cases, I forgot to check if the libs were being copied... hmmmm... it's only 60k should I attach them here? (don't tell anyone) Ant
Nov 20 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:21:56 -0500, Ant wrote:

 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.

I forgot to add. DUI license it's still LGPL but I will change it to some license that allways you to do anything with DUI except saying it's your original work. probably the zlib license. Ant
Nov 20 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 Unfortunatly the OpenGL extensions are still broken
 (OpenGL extensions and tests are included)

Since I have some exp with GTK and some more with OpenGL, I'd like to try to do sth with these extensions. Any clues for anyone willing to fix these problems ? What deserves attention ? what could be tried at first ? I've tried compiling these samples but they give an Access Violation.
Nov 21 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:30:20 +0100, h3r3tic wrote:

 Ant wrote:
 Unfortunatly the OpenGL extensions are still broken
 (OpenGL extensions and tests are included)

Since I have some exp with GTK and some more with OpenGL, I'd like to try to do sth with these extensions. Any clues for anyone willing to fix these problems ? What deserves attention ? what could be tried at first ? I've tried compiling these samples but they give an Access Violation.

SimpleGL use to compile and run. I change DUITestsGL so it compiled and run. ShapeGL never ran. now they all end with "Access Violation" probably I did something stupid yesterday. I'm uploading the linux version now after that I'll take a look at it. If you know how to debug on windows (I couldn't make it work yet) you could easelly see where is the access violation. that would help. Ant PS thanks for the themes thing - I'll see if it's possible to include the theme swapper on the next release.
Nov 21 2004
parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
 If you know how to debug on windows (I couldn't make it work yet)
 you could easelly see where is the access violation. that would help.

Well, I haven't debugged it but I've commented out some portions of code. That's something weird... When drawGL contains only this: glClear (GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity (); it runs without a problem and the frame is even black (correctly clearing ?)... but when I uncomment e.g. glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); glColor3f(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f( 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glColor3f(0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(-1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); glColor3f(0.0f,0.0f,1.0f); glVertex3f( 1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); glEnd(); it gives me an access violation... just like doing e.g. glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); on the other hand, glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix don't give an AV... What might be the problem ? Some OpenGL initialization options may be broken... No clue about which ones though...
Nov 21 2004
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:11:48 +0100, h3r3tic wrote:

 
 it gives me an access violation... just like doing e.g. 
 glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
 
 on the other hand,

I get discouraged because every thing works fine on linux... (I'll take a look at it now) Ant
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
ADDING THE "-g" flag to the dmd command line will make it work!
(should we blame dmd for this?)

unfortunatly dantCompile doesn't respect the check box for "-g"

these work (lines are chopped - must be rebuild):
########### simpleGL
executing (from C:\dantfw\duiD\src)
\DD\dmd\bin\dmd.exe  -od..\obj -op -c -g 
-I\dantfw\doolD\src;\dantfw\duiD\src simpleGL\SimpleGL.d

executing (from C:\dantfw\duiD\obj)
\DD\dm\bin\link.exe simpleGL\SimpleGL.obj , 
C:\dantfw\duiD\simpleGL.exe,, dool+dui+duigl+phobos+libatk-1+libgdk-win32-2+
libglib-2+libgmodule-2+libgobject-2+libgthread-2+libgtk-win32-2+libpango-1+libgdk_pixbuf-2+libgdkglext-win32-1+libgtkgle
xt-win32-1+opengl32+glu32+\DD\dmd\lib\+\dantfw\+\DD\dmd\lib\+\dantfw\GTK\lib
+C:\WINNT\system32\ 
/DELEXECUTABLE /NODET /
NOI

#################### testGL
executing (from C:\dantfw\duiD\src)
\DD\dmd\bin\dmd.exe  -od..\obj -op -c -g 
-I\dantfw\doolD\src;\dantfw\duiD\src testGL\TestGL.d openGL\TrackBall.d

executing (from C:\dantfw\duiD\obj)
\DD\dm\bin\link.exe testGL\TestGL.obj openGL\TrackBall.obj , 
C:\dantfw\duiD\DUITestGL.exe,, dool+dui+duigl+phobos+libatk
-1+libgdk-win32-2+libglib-2+libgmodule-2+libgobject-2+libgthread-2+libgtk-win32-2+libpango-1+libgdk_pixbuf-2+libgdkglext
-win32-1+libgtkglext-win32-1+opengl32+glu32+\DD\dmd\lib\+\dantfw\+\DD\dmd\lib\+\dantfw\GTK\lib
+C:\WINNT\system32\ 
/DELEXECUTABLE /NODET /NOI

######################
these where generated by the dool compile utility
"comd -exe simpleGL -src simpleGL -obj obj"
"comd -exe DUITestGL -src testGL;openGL -obj obj"
the dantCompile uses "comd" to compile.

To compile the "comd" comand line interface goto
C:\dantfw\doolD\src\compiler (or equivalent)
and run the install.bat

Ant
Nov 21 2004
parent h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 ADDING THE "-g" flag to the dmd command line will make it work!
 (should we blame dmd for this?)

Hmm... tested, works indeed... Fails if "-gt" is specified... /me says "blame dmd :D". Thanks for the quick-hack :) !
Nov 21 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Great! and Thanks!
Nov 21 2004
parent reply =?windows-1252?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Walter wrote: (in response to Ant)

 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.


 This contains: Gtk+, dool and DUI


 Great! and Thanks!

Does this mean that "dool" is in any way "officially" supported or recommended ? I'm not sure that rewriting Phobos with objects (OO) is all that great, myself... (from the dool forum)
 Phobos module -> dool class 
 - std.string -> String 
 - std.file -> File , Path 
 - std.path -> Path 
 - std.conv -> Integer (rename to Int?) 
 - std.ctype -> Charater (rename to Char?) 
 That’s it.. 
  
 The impact on DUI is also minimal. The DUI developer will notice only
 that DUI methods no longer return char[] and char[][] but String and
 String[].

Will the "standard" D libraries now become a mix of "C-" and "Java-" style D modules ? (primitive/functions versus objects/methods) Couldn't that be a tad hard to follow ? --anders PS. Yes, I know that there are other GUI libraries out there: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AvailableGuiLibraries Just wondering... (and there are not that many non-Windows)
Nov 23 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:24:53 +0100, Anders F Björklund wrote:

 
 I'm not sure that rewriting Phobos with
 objects (OO) is all that great, myself...

I am sure! It is a great idea! :)
 Will the "standard" D libraries now become
 a mix of "C-" and "Java-" style D modules ?
 (primitive/functions versus objects/methods)

I don't know what the "standard" D libraries will become but that's what it is right now. Ant
Nov 23 2004
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Ant wrote:

I'm not sure that rewriting Phobos with
objects (OO) is all that great, myself...

I am sure! It is a great idea! :)

I'm sure you are! (Hey, it worked for Java) Just thought that mixing char[], wchar[] and String could be something of pain... (not to mention a whole lot of un/boxing) BTW; Did you ever think of naming it "D's really object oriented library" ? :-) --anders
Nov 23 2004
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cnvilr$v54$1 digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= says...
Ant wrote:

BTW; Did you ever think of naming it
"D's really object oriented library" ?  :-)

Yes I did, I was going for 'runtime' but the effect is the same :) I chickened out... Ant
Nov 23 2004
parent larrycowan <larrycowan_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cnvkh4$122e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
In article <cnvilr$v54$1 digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= says...
Ant wrote:

BTW; Did you ever think of naming it
"D's really object oriented library" ?  :-)

Yes I did, I was going for 'runtime' but the effect is the same :) I chickened out... Ant

Save that for D's revised object oriented library ( An important part of v 1.0i )
Nov 30 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cnva6m$j44$1 digitaldaemon.com>,
=?windows-1252?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= says...
Walter wrote: (in response to Ant)

 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.


 This contains: Gtk+, dool and DUI


 Great! and Thanks!

Does this mean that "dool" is in any way "officially" supported or recommended ?

I don't know what Walter means, but what I read is: Thanks for building the only D GUI toolkit for linux. Thanks for building the only cross platform D GUI toolkit. dool can almost be ignored by DUI users. Ant
Nov 26 2004
prev sibling parent "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
Hooray! HelloWorld compiles!
Great work Ant, the windows installer is what i have
been waiting for. Although it did take some messing around with it
to get it to work :)

"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.11.20.19.21.54.682904 yahoo.ca...
 Windows only(*) DUI version 00.20.99.

 This version is compatible with dmd 0.106.

 main page:
 http://dui.sourceforge.net
 installing instructions:
 http://dui.sourceforge.net/windowsInstaller.html
 download:
 http://dui.sourceforge.net/downloadPage.html
 new Windows tool:
 http://dui.sourceforge.net/windowsTools.html
 dool impact on DUI:
 http://dui.sourceforge.net/doolImpact.html

 This contains: Gtk+, dool and DUI
 it does not contain a makefile (**).

 Unfortunatly the OpenGL extensions are still broken
 (OpenGL extensions and tests are included)

 there same changes to DUI since the last version
 the most visible one being the use of ComboBox on windows.

 Ant

 (*) I'll make the linux distribution today,
 just cheking that the changes made on windows didn't break
 the linux version. The main development is still linux based.
 (leds - for linux - should also be updated today)

 (**) I give up on the makefile when it reported
 "error on line 107" for a makefile with 85 lines.
 That's when I decided to create the installer.

Nov 22 2004