digitalmars.D - How was the D compiler developed

reply Zooombie <Zooombie_member pathlink.com> writes:
I am interested in learning how the D compiler was developed (tools, lex/parse,
ast, backend, where does gcc fit in, why/what is the gcc front end, etc).

Any documentation on that? Thanks.
Oct 15 2004
"Zooombie" <Zooombie_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:ckp62g$2g7l$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am interested in learning how the D compiler was developed (tools,
lex/parse,
 ast, backend, where does gcc fit in, why/what is the gcc front end, etc).

 Any documentation on that? Thanks.
Not really. If you download the dmd compiler, it comes with the source to the front end and you can see how it's built. The back end used is the one from the Digital Mars C/C++ compiler.
Oct 15 2004