digitalmars.D - Northwest C++ Users Group meeting

reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html
Sep 22 2004
next sibling parent reply "Henry" <talktotony email.com> writes:
I would love to attend but like many I'm geographically constrained (I live
in Australia).

Recently Bruce Eckel gave a talk on Java and has made this available on his
web site via a RealMedia stream (actually its hosted by UC Berkeley with a
link on his site).

Any chance that you could organise something similar ?

You would obviously be able to reach a vastly wider audience.

Henry

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:citgum$cb9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

 http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html
Sep 23 2004
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Henry" <talktotony email.com> wrote in message
news:citu5m$ktr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I would love to attend but like many I'm geographically constrained (I
live
 in Australia).

 Recently Bruce Eckel gave a talk on Java and has made this available on
his
 web site via a RealMedia stream (actually its hosted by UC Berkeley with a
 link on his site).

 Any chance that you could organise something similar ?

 You would obviously be able to reach a vastly wider audience.
I have been thinking about that. It's a good idea.
Sep 23 2004
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "Henry" <talktotony email.com> wrote in message
 news:citu5m$ktr$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I would love to attend but like many I'm geographically constrained (I
live
in Australia).

Recently Bruce Eckel gave a talk on Java and has made this available on
his
web site via a RealMedia stream (actually its hosted by UC Berkeley with a
link on his site).

Any chance that you could organise something similar ?

You would obviously be able to reach a vastly wider audience.
I have been thinking about that. It's a good idea.
Video would be terrific. If that's not possible, posting transparencies and an .mp3 of the audio would be cool. -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Sep 23 2004
parent Carl <Carl_member pathlink.com> writes:
web site via a RealMedia stream
That would be awesome! Carl In article <cj04j1$2g07$1 digitaldaemon.com>, J C Calvarese says...
Walter wrote:
 "Henry" <talktotony email.com> wrote in message
 news:citu5m$ktr$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I would love to attend but like many I'm geographically constrained (I
live
in Australia).

Recently Bruce Eckel gave a talk on Java and has made this available on
his
web site via a RealMedia stream (actually its hosted by UC Berkeley with a
link on his site).

Any chance that you could organise something similar ?

You would obviously be able to reach a vastly wider audience.
I have been thinking about that. It's a good idea.
Video would be terrific. If that's not possible, posting transparencies and an .mp3 of the audio would be cool. -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Sep 24 2004
prev sibling parent "Kar G Lim" <klim machealth.com.au> writes:
Any chance to find a sponsor to pay for air ticket and hotel; and "borrow" a
venue at one of the Universities in Australia to get Walter to come down
under?

Tickets $2200, Hotel 3 days $1500,.... and volunteers.

(I know, I might be just a stirrer).

"Henry" <talktotony email.com> wrote in message
news:citu5m$ktr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I would love to attend but like many I'm geographically constrained (I
live
 in Australia).

 Recently Bruce Eckel gave a talk on Java and has made this available on
his
 web site via a RealMedia stream (actually its hosted by UC Berkeley with a
 link on his site).

 Any chance that you could organise something similar ?

 You would obviously be able to reach a vastly wider audience.

 Henry

 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:citgum$cb9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

 http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html
Sep 28 2004
prev sibling parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 NOSP_AM.yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

 http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html

Is this still a go?
Oct 08 2004
"John Reimer" <brk_6502 NOSP_AM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ck81vg$133$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

 http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html
Is this still a go?
Yes.
Oct 09 2004
parent reply Charlie <Charlie_member pathlink.com> writes:
Anyword on making this presentation available on the web :).

Charlie

In article <ck9mnu$181n$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
 Walter wrote:
 I'll be giving a presentation on D on Oct 13. See you all there!

 http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2004/10.html
Is this still a go?
Yes.
Oct 11 2004
I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.

news:ckeblj$1mv3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Walter wrote:
 I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
Oct 12 2004
"John Reimer" <brk_6502 NOSP_AM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ckhq9p$1or5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
I've got a setup now for video, so I think it's in hand. See you there!
Oct 13 2004
In article <ckk2e5$lhl$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
 Walter wrote:
 I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
I've got a setup now for video, so I think it's in hand. See you there!
How did this go? Is there video available? Thanks, - Dave
Oct 30 2004
In article <cm064v$179j$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
 Walter wrote:
 I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
I've got a setup now for video, so I think it's in hand. See you there!
How did this go? Is there video available? Thanks, - Dave
It was great! Walter held the group of 30 to 40 (?) people transfixed for over 2 hours! About 1 hour longer than intended. :-D He was peppered with quite the load of questions, but he handled himself quite adroitly. He mentioned to me that his time in comp.lang.c++.moderated was good practice for this sort of thing. ;-)
Oct 30 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
news:cm064v$179j$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
I've got a setup now for video, so I think it's in hand. See you there!
How did this go? Is there video available?
There is a video, but the quality of it is pretty poor.
Oct 30 2004

Walter wrote:

I have to find someone willing to wield a video camera <g>.
I'm going to try to make it down there tomorrow. If you like, I can record it for you. I have my own digital video camera also.
I've got a setup now for video, so I think it's in hand. See you there!
How did this go? Is there video available?
There is a video, but the quality of it is pretty poor.
So, it might be unviewable. How's does it sound? Is it audible at all? Sometimes, it's interesting just to listen to something. -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Oct 31 2004