digitalmars.D - Request expanded Feedback links in documentation

reply "Lynn Allan" <l.allan att.net> writes:
<alert comment="newbie">

Several of the official documentation pages at:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html

have provision to use wiki4d for amendments/clarifications/corrections/etc.
Super!

This includes the pages for the Overview and Arrays (and possibly others).
For example, at the bottom of the page for Arrays, there is a link:
Add feedback and comments regarding this page.

that takes you to:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DocComments/Arrays

I had a comment about clarification for how slices are declared, and was
able to use wiki4d to submit my suggestion to the actual documentation
writer(s). Obviously, they can determine if my suggestion is worth
incorporating into the documentation, but at least I was able to attempt to
contribute. This approach also declutters this newsgroup.

However, there appear to be pages for Float, Phobos, and StyleGuide that
aren't noted in the main documentation. Also, many/most topics are missing
the link for "feedback and comments". I wanted to bring a possible
documentation problem related to Classes | Unittest to the attention of the
documentation writer of that page, but didn't find a way to do this
directly. Instead, I submitted a post to this forum. It seems more
productive to send such a post directly to the author/maintainer of that
page.

</alert>
I've got it fixed now. It wasn't done earlier due to pure sloth on my part.
Sep 01 2004
next sibling parent reply "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ch54pc$2gii$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I've got it fixed now. It wasn't done earlier due to pure sloth on my
 part.
Terrific ... you're good :-) I attempted to wiki-author a meaningful comment related to Classes | unittest documentation at: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DocComments/Class Hope the author/maintainer of that page (The WB?) finds it helpful. Rather than repeat information, I provided a link to the digitalmars.D newsgroup link where detailed info about the problematic unittest for Sum was described: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/10065
Sep 01 2004
parent Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
Lynn Allan schrieb:

 Terrific ... you're good :-)
I just misread the last word as if it had one "o" less. :> -eye
Sep 03 2004
prev sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 I've got it fixed now.
That was fast. Cool!
It wasn't done earlier due to pure sloth on my part.
I think a lot was going on when we started to set this up. For the sake of consistency, could you please change the feedback links on these pages to these new locations? module.html: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DocComments/Module lex.html: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DocComments/Lex expression.html: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DocComments/Expression The rest of them already point to a DocComments page. Thanks. -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Done.
Sep 01 2004