www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

c++.idde - IDDE and STL

reply "Rajiv Bhagwat" <dataflow vsnl.com> writes:
STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line compiler give
problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on 'bool' in
stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

#include <string>
#include <ostream.h>

int main(){
    string s="Hello world!\n";
    cout << s;
    return 0;
    }

Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE. (It is
finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even on
updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
- Rajiv
Jan 25 2002
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
You must be using different versions for command line (SCPPN.EXE) and IDDE
(SCPPND.DLL) than.
I have no problems in the IDDE with 8.1d.1n
Jan



Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line compiler give
 problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on 'bool' in
 stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

 #include <string>
 #include <ostream.h>

 int main(){
     string s="Hello world!\n";
     cout << s;
     return 0;
     }

 Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE. (It is
 finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even on
 updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
 - Rajiv

Jan 25 2002
parent reply "Rajiv Bhagwat" <dataflow vsnl.com> writes:
I am using:
SCPPND   DLL       703,488  08-12-01 10:43p SCPPND.DLL
SCPPN    EXE       736,796  01-23-02  6:13p SCPPN.EXE

Are these correct?
- Rajiv

"Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.cc> wrote in message
news:3C51609F.445DFC46 smartsoft.cc...
 You must be using different versions for command line (SCPPN.EXE) and IDDE
 (SCPPND.DLL) than.
 I have no problems in the IDDE with 8.1d.1n
 Jan



 Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line compiler


 problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on


 stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

 #include <string>
 #include <ostream.h>

 int main(){
     string s="Hello world!\n";
     cout << s;
     return 0;
     }

 Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE. (It


 finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even on
 updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
 - Rajiv


Jan 27 2002
next sibling parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
I have no idea.
The dates on the .DLL and .EXE are rather different, so I guess the .DLL is
older.
However, the once I use are:
07/31/2001  15:12              702,464 SCPPnd.dll
07/31/2001  15:10              728,576 SCPPn.exe

Older than yours and they work fine...

Jan



Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 I am using:
 SCPPND   DLL       703,488  08-12-01 10:43p SCPPND.DLL
 SCPPN    EXE       736,796  01-23-02  6:13p SCPPN.EXE

 Are these correct?
 - Rajiv

 "Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.cc> wrote in message
 news:3C51609F.445DFC46 smartsoft.cc...
 You must be using different versions for command line (SCPPN.EXE) and IDDE
 (SCPPND.DLL) than.
 I have no problems in the IDDE with 8.1d.1n
 Jan



 Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line compiler


 problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on


 stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

 #include <string>
 #include <ostream.h>

 int main(){
     string s="Hello world!\n";
     cout << s;
     return 0;
     }

 Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE. (It


 finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even on
 updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
 - Rajiv



Jan 28 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
The dates indicate different versions. Try downloading the cd
update. -Walter

"Rajiv Bhagwat" <dataflow vsnl.com> wrote in message
news:a32ppj$2gg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am using:
 SCPPND   DLL       703,488  08-12-01 10:43p SCPPND.DLL
 SCPPN    EXE       736,796  01-23-02  6:13p SCPPN.EXE

 Are these correct?
 - Rajiv

 "Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.cc> wrote in message
 news:3C51609F.445DFC46 smartsoft.cc...
 You must be using different versions for command line (SCPPN.EXE) and


 (SCPPND.DLL) than.
 I have no problems in the IDDE with 8.1d.1n
 Jan



 Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line



 give
 problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on


 stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

 #include <string>
 #include <ostream.h>

 int main(){
     string s="Hello world!\n";
     cout << s;
     return 0;
     }

 Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE. (It


 finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even on
 updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
 - Rajiv



Jan 28 2002
parent "Rajiv Bhagwat" <dataflow vsnl.com> writes:
The update works like magic. Now I am able to compile the STL based programs
from the IDE. It had totally skipped my mind that besides the regular
updates, there would be updates to stuff on CD! Thanks.

- Rajiv

Ps: Please, please add Alt+F7 as a shortcut to settings, and make the 'Stop'
button run the application when not compiling! Maybe a 15 mts job for Jan,
but would add to the usability tremendously.
(Well maybe 1 hr, but you get me... ;))

"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:a35fl9$1ua2$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 The dates indicate different versions. Try downloading the cd
 update. -Walter

 "Rajiv Bhagwat" <dataflow vsnl.com> wrote in message
 news:a32ppj$2gg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am using:
 SCPPND   DLL       703,488  08-12-01 10:43p SCPPND.DLL
 SCPPN    EXE       736,796  01-23-02  6:13p SCPPN.EXE

 Are these correct?
 - Rajiv

 "Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.cc> wrote in message
 news:3C51609F.445DFC46 smartsoft.cc...
 You must be using different versions for command line (SCPPN.EXE) and


 (SCPPND.DLL) than.
 I have no problems in the IDDE with 8.1d.1n
 Jan



 Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:

 STL programs which compile and run fine using the command line



 give
 problems with IDDE. Even after defining -Ab, the programs choke on


 stl_alloc.h. A simple test program:

 #include <string>
 #include <ostream.h>

 int main(){
     string s="Hello world!\n";
     cout << s;
     return 0;
     }

 Runs properly when compiled from the command line, chokes on IDDE.




 is
 finding the stl files from the Include path). The bug remains even




 updating from 8.25 to 8.26.
 - Rajiv




Jan 29 2002