c++ - Compiler Input

reply Travis <Travis_member pathlink.com> writes:
I 'm a junior high school student trying to learn to program in C++. What text
editor do I use to create a C++ program that the dmc compiler will recognize or
does it have a built in editor and if so what flag would I use when invoking the
compiler to create my C++ program?
Mar 17 2006
parent reply Bertel Brander <bertel post4.tele.dk> writes:
Travis wrote:
 I 'm a junior high school student trying to learn to program in C++. What text
 editor do I use to create a C++ program that the dmc compiler will recognize or
 does it have a built in editor and if so what flag would I use when invoking
the
 compiler to create my C++ program?
Mars does have an editor, called micro emacs, it is not that good. The CD has an IDE (/IDDE). You can use dmc with a lot of editors, e.g: http://www.digitalmars.com/archives/cplusplus/4914.html -- Absolutely not the best homepage on the net: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/midgaard But it's mine - Bertel
Mar 17 2006
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Bertel Brander" <bertel post4.tele.dk> wrote in message
news:dvf632$28cq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Travis wrote:
 I 'm a junior high school student trying to learn to program in C++. What
 text
 editor do I use to create a C++ program that the dmc compiler will
 recognize or
 does it have a built in editor and if so what flag would I use when
 invoking the
 compiler to create my C++ program?
Mars does have an editor, called micro emacs, it is not that good. The CD has an IDE (/IDDE). You can use dmc with a lot of editors, e.g: http://www.digitalmars.com/archives/cplusplus/4914.html
You can use any editor that will create ascii text files, including notepad.exe and MS Word.
Mar 18 2006
parent Bertel Brander <bertel post4.tele.dk> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 You can use any editor that will create ascii text files, including
 notepad.exe and MS Word.
True, you can also use edit.exe and edlin.exe, but I prefer to use an editor with syntax highlightning and that can call the compiler, it save you a lot of time. -- Absolutely not the best homepage on the net: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/midgaard But it's mine - Bertel
Mar 18 2006