c++ - [configuring digital mars for boost]

reply Thorsten Ottosen <nesotto cs.aau.dk> writes:
Dear all,

At boost (www.boost.org) we are trying to incorparate the digital
mars compiler into our regression testing. In not working very well, so
far. :-(

We badly need people with intimate knowlegde of the strong/weak points
of the digital compiler to

1. Make sure the boost config system is correct for this compiler. If
these macros are not specicified correctly, its nearly impossible to get
any compiler to compile boost.

2. Help library authors with specific issues not covered by the config
system.

If you would like to help us out, please write so
on the boost dev list:

gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel

(You have to sign up first, see
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#main)

best regards

Thorsten
Feb 19 2006
next sibling parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
[...]

As a matter in fact... just a couple of days ago I CVS'ed the latest boost down the pipe to take a peek at this... Jan -- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Feb 19 2006
parent "Bob Paddock" <graceindustries gmail.com> writes:
  At boost (www.boost.org) we are trying to incorparate the digital
 mars compiler into our regression testing. In not working very well, so
 As a matter in fact... just a couple of days ago I CVS'ed the latest
 boost down the pipe to take a peek at this...
Thank you. The fact that Digital Mars will not build boost is the only thing that is keeping me from dumping all of my other compilers. With the prospect of Boost, or at least parts of it, being recommended to be part of the the next C++ 'Standard', I do hope Digital Mars will be able to handle Boost/Next Generation C++.
Feb 20 2006
prev sibling parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto cs.aau.dk> wrote in message
news:dtaev3$2qr8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 We badly need people with intimate knowlegde of the strong/weak points of
 the digital compiler to
I know George James has been very adept at tracking down problems with boost and dmc++ last summer.
Feb 20 2006