c++ - Nested Functions

reply MarsRook <MarsRook_member pathlink.com> writes:
DmC obvoiusly does not like nested functions. Is this correct or did I miss out
something?
Jan 08 2005
"MarsRook" <MarsRook_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cromug$1ptg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 DmC obvoiusly does not like nested functions. Is this correct or did I

 something?

Nested functions are not legal in C or C++. They are legal in D, however, and work with the DMD D compiler.
Jan 08 2005
parent reply MarsRook <MarsRook_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <crp7uj$2auv$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"MarsRook" <MarsRook_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cromug$1ptg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 DmC obvoiusly does not like nested functions. Is this correct or did I

 something?

Nested functions are not legal in C or C++. They are legal in D, however, and work with the DMD D compiler.

Thanks for your reply. My mistake, I had the perception that nested functions were part of C99, but it appears that they are just a GNU-C extension - a very useful one though. I guess I'll have to stick with GNU and keep thinking about writing more portable stuff in future. Otherwise, I have tried your D compiler a couple of times now and it seems to mature by the month. Congratulations to this development!
Jan 08 2005
"MarsRook" <MarsRook_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:crq9l4$co6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks for your reply. My mistake, I had the perception that nested

 were part of C99, but it appears that they are just a GNU-C extension - a

 useful one though. I guess I'll have to stick with GNU and keep thinking

 writing more portable stuff in future.

I agree they're useful.
 Otherwise, I have tried your D compiler a couple of times now and it seems

 mature by the month. Congratulations to this development!

Thanks!
Jan 13 2005