c++ - crash in scppn

reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

When trying to port ACE/TAO I get a crash in scppn, just a crash getting a
windows from windows if I want to send a report to Microsoft, no more info.
How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the problem. The
output is below. The code can be obtained from cvs.doc.wustl.edu

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen

C:\ACE\latest\ACE_wrappers\ace>make
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/ACE/latest/ACE_wrappers/ace'

GNUmakefile: /cygdrive/c/ACE/latest/ACE_wrappers/ace/GNUmakefile.ACE
MAKEFLAGS= --unix -w

dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
-Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
 -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
E_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL  -c  -o .shobj/ACE.o ACE.cpp
ACE.cpp:
--- errorlevel 1
make[1]: *** [.shobj/ACE.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/ACE/latest/ACE_wrappers/ace'
make: *** [ACE] Error 2

C:\ACE\latest\ACE_wrappers\ace>
Oct 18 2004
next sibling parent reply Arjan Knepper <arjan ask.me> writes:
Johnny Willemsen wrote:
 How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the problem. The

 dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
-Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
  -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
I have had simular problems in the past using -g, try using -gl (line numbers only) to see whether or not the generation of debug info is the cause of trouble. Arjan
Oct 18 2004
parent reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

I checked this and even without -g the crash still occurs. The problem is
that this is a huge file so it will take some time to figure out the
construct that is causing the crash

Johnny
"Arjan Knepper" <arjan ask.me> wrote in message
news:cl2cov$23e5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Johnny Willemsen wrote:
 How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the problem.
 The
 dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
-Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
  -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
I have had simular problems in the past using -g, try using -gl (line numbers only) to see whether or not the generation of debug info is the cause of trouble. Arjan
Oct 20 2004
parent reply Arjan Knepper <arjan ask.me> writes:
You could place some

#pragma messages ( "some label" ) in the file

to find out where the compilers crashes.

Johnny Willemsen wrote:

How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the problem.
The
dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
-Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
 -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
I have had simular problems in the past using -g, try using -gl (line numbers only) to see whether or not the generation of debug info is the cause of trouble. Arjan
Oct 20 2004
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Or use the '-v' option to have the compiler work verbose and spit our
what it does...

 Johnny Willemsen wrote:

 How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the
 problem.
 The
 dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
 -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
 -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
I have had simular problems in the past using -g, try using -gl (line numbers only) to see whether or not the generation of debug info is the cause of trouble. Arjan
-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Oct 23 2004
parent "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

I have tried this, but it seems there are several methods on which the
compiler crashes. I am just to busy at this moment to have a detailed
looked. If someone else is interested look at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu how
to get all the sources. Maybe next month I have more time

Regards,

Johnny
news:cldtsb$1ed$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Johnny Willemsen wrote:

 How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the
 problem.
 The
 dmc -Ar  -ND  -g      -Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers -DACE_NO_INLINE
-Ic:\ace\latest\ace_wrappers
 -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DAC
I have had simular problems in the past using -g, try using -gl (line numbers only) to see whether or not the generation of debug info is the cause of trouble. Arjan
-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Oct 25 2004
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> wrote in message
news:cl1191$nl9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 When trying to port ACE/TAO I get a crash in scppn, just a crash getting a
 windows from windows if I want to send a report to Microsoft, no more
info.
 How can I deliver more info that would help you to identify the problem.
The
 output is below. The code can be obtained from cvs.doc.wustl.edu
This should help: www.digitalmars.com/bugs.html
Oct 19 2004