c++ - SMAKE doesn't allow underscores in default rules?

reply Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
Walter:

Consider the following SMAKE fragment:

.cpp{\path\with_underscore}.obj:
	$(CXX) -c -o"$ " $(CXXFLAGS) "$<"

SMAKE complains about the "_" in "with_underscore". Is that standard
behavior or an unexpected feature? If it's an unexpected feature,
currently kills the STLport build process I'm attempting to complete.

-scooter
Jul 15 2004
parent reply "Włodzimierz Skiba" <abx abx.art.pl> writes:
Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> wrote in
news:cd7iie$2naj$1 digitaldaemon.com:

 Walter:

 Consider the following SMAKE fragment:

 .cpp{\path\with_underscore}.obj:
      $(CXX) -c -o"$ " $(CXXFLAGS) "$<"

 SMAKE complains about the "_" in "with_underscore".
Are you sure smake really complains about '_' ? Perhaps error is related to other thing but wrong formylated or understood ? I ask because Bakefile creates SMAKE makefiles for wxWidgets with a lot of underscores (thought not in inference rules). What about quoting error message ? ABX
Jul 16 2004
parent Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
Włodzimierz Skiba wrote:
 Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> wrote in
 news:cd7iie$2naj$1 digitaldaemon.com:

Walter:

Consider the following SMAKE fragment:

.cpp{\path\with_underscore}.obj:
     $(CXX) -c -o"$ " $(CXXFLAGS) "$<"

SMAKE complains about the "_" in "with_underscore".
Are you sure smake really complains about '_' ? Perhaps error is related to other thing but wrong formylated or understood ? I ask because Bakefile creates SMAKE makefiles for wxWidgets with a lot of underscores (thought not in inference rules).
I don't post things w/o testing them first. If you cut-n-paste those two exact lines and run SMAKE, SMAKE will complain about the "_". -scooter (Really. I do achieve positive cluon flux density most of the time. :-)
Jul 16 2004