c++ - help with start-up

reply "Maurice Molloy" <mmolloy1 cox.net> writes:
I am new to C++ and the DMC. I ordered a disk and copied the files to disk.
I am trying to compile using windows 98. I have tried to compile the simple
HELLO WORLD program and cannot get the compiler to do anything. I even tried
to compile the example programs on the disk. I get nothing. What am I doing
wrong? Is the compiler on the disk not a windows compiler?
"Maurice Molloy" <mmolloy1 cox.net> wrote in message
news:c28dus$1rfh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am new to C++ and the DMC. I ordered a disk and copied the files to
disk.
 I am trying to compile using windows 98. I have tried to compile the
simple
 HELLO WORLD program and cannot get the compiler to do anything. I even
tried
 to compile the example programs on the disk. I get nothing. What am I
doing
 wrong? Is the compiler on the disk not a windows compiler?
What happens when you type: dmc hello ?
Mar 08 2004