c++ - how to debug on win98?

reply Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman mail.ru> writes:
Sorry for stupid question, but there is any free debugger for win98 which can
work with executables produced with dmc?
"Dmitry Morozhnikov" <dmiceman mail.ru> wrote in message
news:bun4cv$2gnu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Sorry for stupid question, but there is any free debugger for win98 which
can
 work with executables produced with dmc?
Any that will work with codeview output should work. For example, Microsoft's windbg.exe that I think comes free from the msdn sdk.
Jan 23 2004
parent reply Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman mail.ru> writes:
In article <busbdf$21hg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
 Sorry for stupid question, but there is any free debugger for win98 which
 can work with executables produced with dmc?
Any that will work with codeview output should work. For example, Microsoft's windbg.exe that I think comes free from the msdn sdk.
This is true, but unfortunately windbg does not work on win98 :-( And i see no other posibilities..
Jan 24 2004
parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
Dmitry Morozhnikov wrote:

 This is true, but unfortunately windbg does not work on win98 :-( And i see no
 other posibilities..
Hmmm... How about the DigitaMars debugger, which is delivered on the CD as part of IDDE? Another one which works is the one from OpenWatcom. But pssst! And buy the DigitalMars CD anyway as soon as you can afford it. ;) -eye
Jan 24 2004
parent Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman mail.ru> writes:
In article <buusim$306k$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ilya Minkov says...
Hmmm... How about the DigitaMars debugger, which is delivered on the CD
as part of IDDE?

Another one which works is the one from OpenWatcom. But pssst! And buy
the DigitalMars CD anyway as soon as you can afford it. ;)
Unfortunatelly, OpenWatcom debugger (old watcom and new 1.2 versions checked) crash more frequenty than my program. :-) All crashes are in codeview.dll so it look like debugging info format incompatibilities. Yes, i`m plan to by dmc cdrom when my finances go higher..
Jan 27 2004