c++ - Just got dmc 8.37 but the banner shows 8.35n. Why?

reply Pierre Rouleau <prouleau impathnetworks.com> writes:
Hi all,

	I just downloaded the Digital Mars C/C++ compiler package (the file
dm837c.zip).  the dm/v837 file seems to indicate that this is the
version 8.37 alright, but when I run dmc, its banner states that it is
version 8.35...

Digital Mars Compiler Version 8.35n
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000-2003.  All Rights Reserved.
Written by Walter Bright  www.digitalmars.com
DMC is a one-step program to compile and link C++, C and ASM files.
Usage ([] means optional, ... means zero or more):

         DMC file... [flags...] [ respfile]

file...         .CPP, .C or .ASM source, .OBJ object or .LIB library
file name
 respfile...    pick up arguments from response file or environment variable
flags...        one of the following:

                 **** Press a key for more ****

Is this simply a bug in the build or am I missing something?

Thanks for helping,  I used to love the Zortech compilers way back when,
so I hope to be able to compile my code with dmc and eventually to use D.

Pierre
Nov 28 2003
See www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#version

news:bq959u$12eb$1 digitaldaemon.com...

next sibling parent "Gisle Vanem" <giva users.sourceforge.net> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote:

 See www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#version
I understand the 8.35 is the dmc driver version. But would it be so hard to have same version of all sub-programs called from dmc? Ref. GNU-C where gcc, cpp, cc1 and cc1plus are distributed together and all have the same version. --gv
Nov 29 2003
prev sibling parent Pierre Rouleau <prouleau impathnetworks.com> writes:
Thanks Walter!  (...and I always tell my team to read the docs... oh
well...)