c++ - iostream bioskey(1) replacement?

reply "yochanan" <yochanan aquanet.co.il> writes:
bs"d

Hi-  is there an easy way to find out if there are any characters pending in
the istream input buffer (without waiting for a carriage return)?  I'm
looking for a bioskey(1) replacement function that will work in a DOS
program under Windows XP (win32).  Thanks.
Try kbhit().

"yochanan" <yochanan aquanet.co.il> wrote in message
news:b6rb1k$145r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 bs"d

 Hi-  is there an easy way to find out if there are any characters pending
in
 the istream input buffer (without waiting for a carriage return)?  I'm
 looking for a bioskey(1) replacement function that will work in a DOS
 program under Windows XP (win32).  Thanks.
Apr 07 2003
next sibling parent "yochanan" <yochanan aquanet.co.il> writes:
bs"d
Thanks Walter - I'll try it.

"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> כתב
בהודעה:b6sk92$dao$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Try kbhit().

 "yochanan" <yochanan aquanet.co.il> wrote in message
 news:b6rb1k$145r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 bs"d

 Hi-  is there an easy way to find out if there are any characters
pending
 in
 the istream input buffer (without waiting for a carriage return)?  I'm
 looking for a bioskey(1) replacement function that will work in a DOS
 program under Windows XP (win32).  Thanks.
Apr 12 2003