c++ - Just downloaded DigMars, Cannot run sc.exe

reply "Aurura" <aurura ev1.net> writes:
Hello, everyone.   I'm Aurura, and I'm a C++ and DigitalMars newbie.  ;8^)

I cannot open the exe.  As soon as I click on it, it flashes on my screen for a
half second, then it's gone.  I have no idea why.

I've downloaded the .zip into My Download Files, and created a "DigitalMars"
folder in my Program Files for the files to be extracted into.

I use Win98, My computer uses 511MB of RAM and my hard disk space for this OS is
approx. 19Gig.

Also, where do I find the tutorial(s) from DigitalMars concerning the compiler?

Thanks,

Aurura
Sep 15 2002
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
You need to open a console window and run it from there (also known as a
'command prompt').

news:am39as$ft5$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent user domain.invalid writes:
Aurura wrote:
 Hello, everyone.   I'm Aurura, and I'm a C++ and DigitalMars newbie.  ;8^)
Welcome.

 I cannot open the exe.  As soon as I click on it, it flashes on my screen for a
 half second, then it's gone.  I have no idea why.
Because it is a win32 console program. Just like xcopy or move or dir, you must run it from a console window (aka 'Dos Prompt' or 'Command Prompt') The compiler does nothing without extra "command line arguments". (like xcopy)

 I've downloaded the .zip into My Download Files, and created a "DigitalMars"
 folder in my Program Files for the files to be extracted into.

 I use Win98, My computer uses 511MB of RAM and my hard disk space for this OS
is
 approx. 19Gig.

 Also, where do I find the tutorial(s) from DigitalMars concerning the compiler?
Try a google search "c++ tutorial", you get lots of tutorials. Some also explain how to use a command line compiler.

 Thanks,

 Aurura

Sep 16 2002