www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D.gnu - New GDMD Project.

reply "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
I'm going to let this one go in gdc.  The gdmd perl script that 
provides as a front-end / conversion between dmd-style options 
and gdc-style options is being moved into a separate repository.

https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDMD

This is to allow anyone who wants to, to improve upon it, or 
re-write it in D.

If anyone wants to take over the job, please give me an email or 
bell.


Thanks
Iain.
Mar 23 2013
next sibling parent Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 03/23/2013 02:05 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 I'm going to let this one go in gdc.  The gdmd perl script that provides as a
 front-end / conversion between dmd-style options and gdc-style options is being
 moved into a separate repository.

Just for clarification, how's this going to integrate with GDC for build purposes? Will it be excised from GDC completely and have to be installed separately? Included via a submodule? Or ... ?
Mar 28 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--20cf302ef79e69911604d8fb6dc3
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 28 March 2013 12:26, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> wrote:

 On 03/23/2013 02:05 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 I'm going to let this one go in gdc.  The gdmd perl script that provides

 front-end / conversion between dmd-style options and gdc-style options

 moved into a separate repository.

Just for clarification, how's this going to integrate with GDC for build purposes? Will it be excised from GDC completely and have to be installed separately? Included via a submodule? Or ... ?

Installed separately. -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --20cf302ef79e69911604d8fb6dc3 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 2= 8 March 2013 12:26, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href= =3D"mailto:joseph.wakeling webdrake.net" target=3D"_blank">joseph.wakeling = webdrake.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im">On 03/23/2013 02:05 PM, Ia= in Buclaw wrote:<br> &gt; I&#39;m going to let this one go in gdc. =A0The gdmd perl script that = provides as a<br> &gt; front-end / conversion between dmd-style options and gdc-style options= is being<br> &gt; moved into a separate repository.<br> <br> </div>Just for clarification, how&#39;s this going to integrate with GDC fo= r build<br> purposes? =A0Will it be excised from GDC completely and have to be installe= d<br> separately? =A0Included via a submodule? =A0Or ... ?<br> </blockquote></div><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">Installed separatel= y.<br clear=3D"all"></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>-- <br>Iain Buclaw= <br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ : p) =3D (c &amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;; </div></div> --20cf302ef79e69911604d8fb6dc3--
Mar 28 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 03/28/2013 01:38 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Installed separately.

Sorry for late response, but -- what's the long-term goal? Is it intended to be a short-term separation for hack/rewrite purposes with the new version being reintegrated with the rest of the GDC codebase, or a permanent division? My impression from your earlier emails is that you're doing this because keeping this script in the main codebase causes an extra maintenance burden that is problematic.
Apr 04 2013
prev sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--20cf3074afa89aa98a04d998e483
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 4 April 2013 17:59, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net
 wrote:

 On 03/28/2013 01:38 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Installed separately.

Sorry for late response, but -- what's the long-term goal? Is it intended to be a short-term separation for hack/rewrite purposes with the new version being reintegrated with the rest of the GDC codebase, or a permanent division? My impression from your earlier emails is that you're doing this because keeping this script in the main codebase causes an extra maintenance burden that is problematic.

Re-integration could be possible. For now it will be kept separate for people who want some dmd imitation to interact with gdc. -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --20cf3074afa89aa98a04d998e483 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 4= April 2013 17:59, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D= "mailto:joseph.wakeling webdrake.net" target=3D"_blank">joseph.wakeling web= drake.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 03/28/2013 01:38 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:<b= r> &gt; Installed separately.<br> <br> Sorry for late response, but -- what&#39;s the long-term goal? =A0Is it int= ended to be<br> a short-term separation for hack/rewrite purposes with the new version bein= g<br> reintegrated with the rest of the GDC codebase, or a permanent division?<br=

My impression from your earlier emails is that you&#39;re doing this becaus= e keeping<br> this script in the main codebase causes an extra maintenance burden that is= <br> problematic.<br> </blockquote></div><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">Re-integration coul= d be possible.=A0 For now it will be kept separate for people who want some= dmd imitation to interact with gdc.<br clear=3D"all"></div><div class=3D"g= mail_extra"> <br>-- <br>Iain Buclaw<br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ : p) =3D (c &amp; 0x0f) + &#= 39;0&#39;; </div></div> --20cf3074afa89aa98a04d998e483--
Apr 05 2013