www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D.gnu - GDC supported platforms: Solaris x86?

reply "Maarten Boekhold" <boekhold gmail.com> writes:
Hi all,

Which platforms is GDC supported on, and more specifically is 
Solaris x86 supported? If so, are there any special installation 
instruction for that platform?

Maarten
Aug 27 2012
next sibling parent "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 14:48:42 UTC, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
 Hi all,

 Which platforms is GDC supported on, and more specifically is 
 Solaris x86 supported? If so, are there any special 
 installation instruction for that platform?

 Maarten

There aren't any special instructions as far as I'm aware. You'll need GCC-4.8, libmpc, libmpfr, libgmp3, and a few unnotable other dependencies. Don't think there would be any problems building the library as it should already be implemented. But any issues just give me a bell and I'll help you sort it out. Regards Iain
Aug 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent "Maarten Boekhold" <boekhold gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 14:53:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 14:48:42 UTC, Maarten Boekhold 
 wrote:

 Which platforms is GDC supported on, and more specifically is 
 Solaris x86 supported? If so, are there any special 
 installation instruction for that platform?


 There aren't any special instructions as far as I'm aware.  
 You'll need GCC-4.8, libmpc, libmpfr, libgmp3, and a few 
 unnotable other dependencies.

I'm checkingthe installation instructions on http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Installation/General, and it specifically says "to build the D1 compiler". Does that mean that GDC does not support D2? Other than that, the instructions don't look too complicated. Will see if I can give this a shot on a server at work when I get back from leave next week. Maarten
Aug 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
On 27 August 2012 16:00, Maarten Boekhold <boekhold gmail.com> wrote:
 On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 14:53:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 14:48:42 UTC, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

 Which platforms is GDC supported on, and more specifically is Solaris x86
 supported? If so, are there any special installation instruction for that
 platform?


 There aren't any special instructions as far as I'm aware.  You'll need
 GCC-4.8, libmpc, libmpfr, libgmp3, and a few unnotable other dependencies.

I'm checkingthe installation instructions on http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Installation/General, and it specifically says "to build the D1 compiler". Does that mean that GDC does not support D2? Other than that, the instructions don't look too complicated. Will see if I can give this a shot on a server at work when I get back from leave next week. Maarten

D1 code has not been in GDC for quite some time, and support for D1 is in an unmaintained branch. -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
Aug 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent "Maarten Boekhold" <boekhold gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 15:00:10 UTC, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

 Other than that, the instructions don't look too complicated. 
 Will see if I can give this a shot on a server at work when I 
 get back from leave next week.

As a test run, I tried to built this on my Ubuntu 12.04 VM, and it's not working. I'm following exactly the steps from the wiki, apart from the "git checkout gdc-1.x", which I replaced by "git checkout gdc-4.7" (using gcc 4.7.1 sources). It's failing on: /home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/./gcc/ -B/opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem /opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -g -O2 -O2 -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -isystem ./include -fpic -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -fbuilding-libgcc -fno-stack-protector -fpic -I. -I. -I../.././gcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/. -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../include -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/config/libbid -DENABLE_DECIMAL_BID_FORMAT -DHAVE_CC_TLS -DUSE_TLS -o _negdi2.o -MT _negdi2.o -MD -MP -MF _negdi2.dep -DL_negdi2 -c ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c -fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28:0, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc/tsystem.h:88, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c:29: /usr/include/features.h:324:26: fatal error: bits/predefs.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [_muldi3.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28:0, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc/tsystem.h:88, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c:29: /usr/include/features.h:324:26: fatal error: bits/predefs.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [_negdi2.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc' make[1]: *** [all-target-libgcc] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir' make: *** [all] Error 2 Any suggestions?
Aug 29 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
On 29 August 2012 15:59, Maarten Boekhold <boekhold gmail.com> wrote:
 On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 15:00:10 UTC, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

 Other than that, the instructions don't look too complicated. Will see if
 I can give this a shot on a server at work when I get back from leave next
 week.

As a test run, I tried to built this on my Ubuntu 12.04 VM, and it's not working. I'm following exactly the steps from the wiki, apart from the "git checkout gdc-1.x", which I replaced by "git checkout gdc-4.7" (using gcc 4.7.1 sources). It's failing on: /home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/./gcc/ -B/opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem /opt/gdc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -g -O2 -O2 -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -isystem ./include -fpic -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -fbuilding-libgcc -fno-stack-protector -fpic -I. -I. -I../.././gcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/. -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../include -I../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/config/libbid -DENABLE_DECIMAL_BID_FORMAT -DHAVE_CC_TLS -DUSE_TLS -o _negdi2.o -MT _negdi2.o -MD -MP -MF _negdi2.dep -DL_negdi2 -c ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c -fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28:0, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc/tsystem.h:88, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c:29: /usr/include/features.h:324:26: fatal error: bits/predefs.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [_muldi3.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28:0, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/../gcc/tsystem.h:88, from ../../../gcc-4.7.1/libgcc/libgcc2.c:29: /usr/include/features.h:324:26: fatal error: bits/predefs.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [_negdi2.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc' make[1]: *** [all-target-libgcc] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/boekhold/src/gdc/objdir' make: *** [all] Error 2 Any suggestions?

Ubuntu is special, it has a peculiar set-up that breaks the usage of vanilla gcc builds (but their own gcc is patched to accompany this set-up). The quick fix is adding the following to your ~/.bashrc For i386: LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu CPATH=/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu export LIBRARY_PATH CPATH For x86_64: LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu CPATH=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu export LIBRARY_PATH CPATH Regards -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
Aug 29 2012
prev sibling parent Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 08/29/2012 05:08 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Ubuntu is special, it has a peculiar set-up that breaks the usage of
 vanilla gcc builds (but their own gcc is patched to accompany this
 set-up).

Does that mean it's probably better to download gcc source from the Ubuntu repositories?
Oct 02 2012