www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D.gnu - GDC status

reply Mosfet <mosfet anonymous.org> writes:
Hi,

Could Mr Friedman tell us if he plan to work on GDC or if he has 
completely gave up the project.

Thanks
Oct 08 2008
parent reply Gregor Richards <Richards codu.org> writes:
Mosfet wrote:
 Hi,
 
 Could Mr Friedman tell us if he plan to work on GDC or if he has 
 completely gave up the project.
 
 Thanks

Time since last SVN commit: 80 days. Longest previous timeout between SVN commits: 85 days. Time from SVN commit to impatient users thinking "Mr. Friedman" gets paid to do this and as such should be conforming to their every whim substantially faster rather than having a life: Usually about 30 days. - Gregor Richards
Oct 08 2008
parent reply Mosfet <mosfet anonymous.org> writes:
Gregor Richards wrote:
 Mosfet wrote:
 Hi,

 Could Mr Friedman tell us if he plan to work on GDC or if he has 
 completely gave up the project.

 Thanks

Time since last SVN commit: 80 days. Longest previous timeout between SVN commits: 85 days. Time from SVN commit to impatient users thinking "Mr. Friedman" gets paid to do this and as such should be conforming to their every whim substantially faster rather than having a life: Usually about 30 days. - Gregor Richards

needs money maybe I could do something but if he needs time cannot help. I would like also to ask him why there are so many differences between original sources and the ones integrated into GCC. Is it because of old gcc (4.0, 4.1) and could it be better with a recent GCC 4.3/4.4 ? for instance if I take randomly a file, let's say aggregate.h Original : target_size_t structsize; // size of struct Modified for gdc: unsigned structsize; // size of struct Wouldn't be easier to add some definitions in gcc and commit them into trunk ? It would allow GDC to exist from GCC point of view and will simplify new release.
Oct 08 2008
next sibling parent Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic tiscali.co.uk> writes:
Help is always welcome. You can always submit patches for GDC. If Mr. 
Friedman does not answer to them, community will (post patches here as 
well).
Oct 09 2008
prev sibling parent reply "Rohan" <rohandot gmail.com> writes:
How I can contact with Mosfet? His e-mail is invalid...
I wanted to ask him to try port GDC to Syllable, I tried to build it 
himself, but I was failed
http://forum.syllable.org/viewtopic.php?t=840&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hi
hlight=gcc&start=15 
Oct 12 2008
parent reply Mosfet <mosfet anonymous.org> writes:
Rohan wrote:
 How I can contact with Mosfet? His e-mail is invalid...
 I wanted to ask him to try port GDC to Syllable, I tried to build it 
 himself, but I was failed
 http://forum.syllable.org/viewtopic.php?t=840&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hi
hlight=gcc&start=15 
 

I think I have too much work to do with my own projects that it's for me impossible to help you with this task ...
Oct 13 2008
parent reply "Rohan" <rohandot gmail.com> writes:
 I think I have too much work to do with my own projects that it's for me 
 impossible to help you with this task ...

Could you give me your contact information?
Oct 14 2008
parent Vincent Richomme <forumer smartmobili.com> writes:
Rohan a écrit :
 
 I think I have too much work to do with my own projects that it's for 
 me impossible to help you with this task ...

Could you give me your contact information?

Oct 19 2008