www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D.gnu - GDC 4.7.0 and Ubuntu

reply Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 17/04/12 22:56, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 I can't reproduce this or the bug in puremagic on my build, so I will
 go on the assumption this will be fixed in the 4.7.0 package due to
 ship with Ubuntu at the end of the month.

Given that 12.04 has just officially been released -- what's the situation of GDC 4.7.0 in the current release of Ubuntu? The current package is still 4.6.3.
Apr 26 2012
next sibling parent Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic gmail.com> writes:
Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

 On 17/04/12 22:56, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 I can't reproduce this or the bug in puremagic on my build, so I will
 go on the assumption this will be fixed in the 4.7.0 package due to
 ship with Ubuntu at the end of the month.

Given that 12.04 has just officially been released -- what's the situation of GDC 4.7.0 in the current release of Ubuntu? The current package is still 4.6.3.

Joseph, for now you have to build GCC with GDC included yourself, until GCC people merge GDC with the GCC. That will happen probably with 4.8 because there are various issues (legal, code standards, etc)...
Apr 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 27/04/12 10:16, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 Joseph, for now you have to build GCC with GDC included yourself, until GCC
 people merge GDC with the GCC. That will happen probably with 4.8 because
 there are various issues (legal, code standards, etc)...

Sure; I don't have a problem with that (or with continuing to use 4.6.3). It's just that Iain mentioned a 4.7.0 package due to "ship with Ubuntu" ... :-)
Apr 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
On 27 April 2012 09:23, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> wrote:
 On 27/04/12 10:16, Dejan Lekic wrote:
 Joseph, for now you have to build GCC with GDC included yourself, until
 GCC
 people merge GDC with the GCC. That will happen probably with 4.8 becaus=


 there are various issues (legal, code standards, etc)...

Sure; I don't have a problem with that (or with continuing to use 4.6.3). =A0It's just that Iain mentioned a 4.7.0 package due to "ship with Ubuntu=

 :-)

GCC-4.7 has not yet landed in Ubuntu I am afraid to say! The update will be pushed as an update to 4.6 over the weekend, it may take a while for it to treacle down from Debian. --=20 Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) =3D (c & 0x0f) + '0';
Apr 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On 27/04/12 14:32, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 GCC-4.7 has not yet landed in Ubuntu I am afraid to say!  The update
 will be pushed as an update to 4.6 over the weekend, it may take a
 while for it to treacle down from Debian.

It's no problem, it's worth waiting for :-) I was just concerned that post-release there might be a freeze on such updates (it's not entirely clear to me what Ubuntu's policy is on new versions of packages post-release and post-feature-freeze).
Apr 27 2012
prev sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
On 27 April 2012 13:38, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> wrote:
 On 27/04/12 14:32, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 GCC-4.7 has not yet landed in Ubuntu I am afraid to say! =A0The update
 will be pushed as an update to 4.6 over the weekend, it may take a
 while for it to treacle down from Debian.

It's no problem, it's worth waiting for :-) =A0I was just concerned that post-release there might be a freeze on such updates (it's not entirely clear to me what Ubuntu's policy is on new versions of packages post-rele=

 and post-feature-freeze).

Don't think will be able to get a new package in - updates are welcome. --=20 Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) =3D (c & 0x0f) + '0';
Apr 27 2012