www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D.gnu - D.2.062 merge

reply "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
I do believe I saw a new release mentioned in announcements. So 
this will be a priority to get done first and finished as soon as 
possible.

Regards
Iain.
Feb 18 2013
next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--047d7bb0442cf07a3604d612362c
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:

 I do believe I saw a new release mentioned in announcements. So this will
 be a priority to get done first and finished as soon as possible.

 Regards
 Iain.

Once again, this is proving to be an [expletive] pain. I know Walter has been tying to help out with refactoring code, but it touches very sensitive areas that break easily. I have it in the works to replace these areas in gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like things will be worse before they start improving again on this instance. -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --047d7bb0442cf07a3604d612362c Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 1= 8 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:= ibuclaw ubuntu.com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt;</span> wro= te:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;= border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"> I do believe I saw a new release mentioned in announcements. So this will b= e a priority to get done first and finished as soon as possible.<br> <br> Regards<span class=3D""><font color=3D"#888888"><br> Iain.<br> </font></span></blockquote></div><br>Once again, this is proving to be an [= expletive] pain.=A0 I know Walter has been tying to help out with refactori= ng code, but it touches very sensitive areas that break easily.=A0=A0 I hav= e it in the works to replace these areas in gdc (see thread on removing too= bj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like things will be worse before they = start improving again on this instance.<br> <br clear=3D"all"><br>-- <br>Iain Buclaw<br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ : p) =3D (= c &amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;; </div></div> --047d7bb0442cf07a3604d612362c--
Feb 19 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "eles" <eles eles.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> 
 wrote:
   I have it in the works to replace these areas in
 gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it 
 looks like
 things will be worse before they start improving again on this 
 instance.

Won't be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example, merging one commit (from dmd) at a time? That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging, as less code changes are required. What do you think?
Feb 20 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--485b397dd4fb6e071b04d62632be
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 20 February 2013 08:05, eles <eles eles.com> wrote:

 On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:
   I have it in the works to replace these areas in
 gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like
 things will be worse before they start improving again on this instance.

Won't be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example, merging one commit (from dmd) at a time? That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging, as less code changes are required. What do you think?

That's mid to long term goal (we currently do the same with gcc development, for instance). But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend dependencies from the frontend. Regards -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --485b397dd4fb6e071b04d62632be Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 2= 0 February 2013 08:05, eles <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:eles el= es.com" target=3D"_blank">eles eles.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquot= e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol= id;padding-left:1ex"> <div class=3D"im">On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw= wrote:<br> </div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l= eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im"> On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ibuclaw ubuntu= .com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><div cla= ss=3D"im"> =A0 I have it in the works to replace these areas in<br> gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like<br=


<br> Won&#39;t be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example,<br> merging one commit (from dmd) at a time?<br> <br> That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not<br> only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging,<br> as less code changes are required.<br> <br> What do you think?<br> </blockquote></div><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">That&#39;s mid to l= ong term goal=A0 (we currently do the same with gcc development, for instan= ce).=A0 But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend dependencies f= rom the frontend.<br clear=3D"all"> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">R= egards<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">-- <br>Iain Buclaw<br><br>*(p &l= t; e ? p++ : p) =3D (c &amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;; </div></div> --485b397dd4fb6e071b04d62632be--
Feb 20 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--485b397dd48b90144204d62c1bed
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 20 February 2013 11:24, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:

 On 20 February 2013 08:05, eles <eles eles.com> wrote:

 On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:
   I have it in the works to replace these areas in
 gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like
 things will be worse before they start improving again on this instance.

Won't be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example, merging one commit (from dmd) at a time? That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging, as less code changes are required. What do you think?

That's mid to long term goal (we currently do the same with gcc development, for instance). But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend dependencies from the frontend.

OK, D Frontend is merged. Phobos and Druntime are yet to be updated, so subsequently it doesn't yet build the library yet. TODO: - Add compiler support for new cent/ucent types. - Test CTFE feature for doing reinterpret casts between int <-> float. Should work, but untested. - Phobos / D runtime merge, obviously... - Once above done, blast through re-implementation of toDt, toObjFile routines that removes all dependencies on DMD backend. - Breathe and sigh. Regards -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --485b397dd48b90144204d62c1bed Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 2= 0 February 2013 11:24, Iain Buclaw <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:= ibuclaw ubuntu.com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt;</span> wro= te:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-= left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div class=3D"h5"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div cla= ss=3D"gmail_quote">On 20 February 2013 08:05, eles <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a= href=3D"mailto:eles eles.com" target=3D"_blank">eles eles.com</a>&gt;</spa= n> wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div>On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:<br> </div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l= eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div> On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ibuclaw ubuntu= .com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><div> =A0 I have it in the works to replace these areas in<br> gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like<br=


<br> Won&#39;t be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example,<br> merging one commit (from dmd) at a time?<br> <br> That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not<br> only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging,<br> as less code changes are required.<br> <br> What do you think?<br> </blockquote></div><br></div></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">That&#3= 9;s mid to long term goal=A0 (we currently do the same with gcc development= , for instance).=A0 But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend de= pendencies from the frontend.<br clear=3D"all"> </div><br clear=3D"all"></div></blockquote></div><br><br></div><div class= =3D"gmail_extra">OK, D Frontend is merged.=A0 Phobos and Druntime are yet t= o be updated, so subsequently it doesn&#39;t yet build the library yet.<br>= <br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">TODO:<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">= - Add compiler support for new cent/ucent types.<br></div><div class=3D"gma= il_extra">- Test CTFE feature for doing reinterpret casts between int &lt;-= &gt; float.=A0 Should work, but untested.<br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Phobos / D runtime merge, obviously...<b= r></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Once above done, blast through re-impl= ementation of toDt, toObjFile routines that removes all dependencies on DMD= backend.<br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Breathe and sigh.<br></div><div class=3D= "gmail_extra"><br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">Regards<br>-- <br>Ia= in Buclaw<br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ : p) =3D (c &amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;; </div></div> --485b397dd48b90144204d62c1bed--
Feb 20 2013
prev sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--0021cc02206689c68404d6403c86
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

On 20 February 2013 18:27, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:

 On 20 February 2013 11:24, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:

 On 20 February 2013 08:05, eles <eles eles.com> wrote:

 On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> wrote:
   I have it in the works to replace these areas in
 gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like
 things will be worse before they start improving again on this instance.

Won't be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example, merging one commit (from dmd) at a time? That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging, as less code changes are required. What do you think?

That's mid to long term goal (we currently do the same with gcc development, for instance). But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend dependencies from the frontend.

OK, D Frontend is merged. Phobos and Druntime are yet to be updated, so subsequently it doesn't yet build the library yet. TODO: - Add compiler support for new cent/ucent types. - Test CTFE feature for doing reinterpret casts between int <-> float. Should work, but untested. - Phobos / D runtime merge, obviously... - Once above done, blast through re-implementation of toDt, toObjFile routines that removes all dependencies on DMD backend. - Breathe and sigh.

TODO: - cent/ucent - Test CTFE - re-implementation of toDt, toObjFile. -- Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --0021cc02206689c68404d6403c86 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 2= 0 February 2013 18:27, Iain Buclaw <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:= ibuclaw ubuntu.com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt;</span> wro= te:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-= left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div class=3D"h5"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div cla= ss=3D"gmail_quote">On 20 February 2013 11:24, Iain Buclaw <span dir=3D"ltr"=
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ibuclaw ubuntu.com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu=

<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_q= uote">On 20 February 2013 08:05, eles <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mail= to:eles eles.com" target=3D"_blank">eles eles.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div>On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 at 11:33:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:<br> </div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l= eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div> On 18 February 2013 08:16, Iain Buclaw &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ibuclaw ubuntu= .com" target=3D"_blank">ibuclaw ubuntu.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><div> =A0 I have it in the works to replace these areas in<br> gdc (see thread on removing toobj, typinf, and todt) - but it looks like<br=


<br> Won&#39;t be better to merge rather smaller increments? For example,<br> merging one commit (from dmd) at a time?<br> <br> That way, the gdc will follow the dmd commit by commit, and not<br> only release by release. I hope this would bring easier merging,<br> as less code changes are required.<br> <br> What do you think?<br> </blockquote></div><br></div></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">That&#3= 9;s mid to long term goal=A0 (we currently do the same with gcc development= , for instance).=A0 But not until have dropped the remainder dmd backend de= pendencies from the frontend.<br clear=3D"all"> </div><br clear=3D"all"></div></blockquote></div><br><br></div></div></div>= <div class=3D"gmail_extra">OK, D Frontend is merged.=A0 Phobos and Druntime= are yet to be updated, so subsequently it doesn&#39;t yet build the librar= y yet.<br> <br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">TODO:<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">= - Add compiler support for new cent/ucent types.<br></div><div class=3D"gma= il_extra">- Test CTFE feature for doing reinterpret casts between int &lt;-= &gt; float.=A0 Should work, but untested.<br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Phobos / D runtime merge, obviously...<b= r></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Once above done, blast through re-impl= ementation of toDt, toObjFile routines that removes all dependencies on DMD= backend.<br> </div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Breathe and sigh.<br></div><div class=3D= "im"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"></div></div></div></block= quote></div><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">Phobos/Druntime merged.<br=
<br>

- cent/ucent<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">- Test CTFE<br></div><div = class=3D"gmail_extra">- re-implementation of toDt, toObjFile.<br><br><br></= div> <div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>-- <br>Iain Buclaw<br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ := p) =3D (c &amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;; </div></div> --0021cc02206689c68404d6403c86--
Feb 21 2013