D.gnu - xcode and D?

reply "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
Nov 10 2005
next sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Kris wrote:

 I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
I configured Xcode 1.5 to use GDC, some brave souls upgraded it to Xcode 2 (AFAIK) - but it required some scripting and so on... Details at http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/xcode.html Will download the new Xcode 2.2, maybe this also fixes all the crashing bugs that GCC 4.0.0 has caused me with Xcode 2.0-2.1 ? --anders
Nov 11 2005
next sibling parent "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
Thank you, Anders.

I saw your earlier posts on this. But, naturally, after I'd posted. Oops :-(

Will check out that link!

"Anders F Björklund" <afb algonet.se> wrote ...
 Kris wrote:

 I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
I configured Xcode 1.5 to use GDC, some brave souls upgraded it to Xcode 2 (AFAIK) - but it required some scripting and so on... Details at http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/xcode.html Will download the new Xcode 2.2, maybe this also fixes all the crashing bugs that GCC 4.0.0 has caused me with Xcode 2.0-2.1 ? --anders
Nov 11 2005
prev sibling parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
(update)

 Will download the new Xcode 2.2, maybe this also fixes all the
 crashing bugs that GCC 4.0.0 has caused me with Xcode 2.0-2.1 ?
I haven't updated my own Xcode (IDE) bindings to work with 2.x, but I'm happy to report that GDC compiles OK now with GCC 4.0.1... For some reason GCC 4.0.2 fails to compile on Darwin, though ? (but since the "policy" for gdcmac is to use the same compiler as the system does, the next GDC build will probably use 4.0.1 unless I can find either a patch - or if GCC 4.0.3 is released) Regarding the IDE: There were some more Xcode2 files at http://alanz.com/d/xcode/ Had some other submissions too, will try to get them up on SF... The goal is to have GDC integration for Xcode 1.2+ for Panther, and for Xcode 2.1+ for Tiger - all so that you can easily use D. A side-project is to make the GDB patches work with Apple's branch of gdb, so that the debugger can demangle correctly... i.e. ones from http://www.dsource.org/projects/gdb-patches/ (needs backporting to gdb version 5.3 to work with Panther) --anders PS. Let me know if you want to help out: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcmac/
Nov 12 2005
prev sibling parent reply Alan West <alan alanz.com> writes:
Kris wrote:
 I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
Yes, I have, though would like to clean it up a bit and make an installer for it before releasing. Its currently a dummy Xcode Plugin that also provides a system default D compiler rule. You are able to create a normal C BSD Shell Program, delete the main.c file, add new D module, write code, goto errors/warnings, and click build & run/debug. De-mangling of D symbols in the debugger can be done in your head, generally, the numbers you see in the symbol are usually the length of the next sub-identifier.
Nov 23 2005
parent reply "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
Thank you!

I'll look forward to that release.

"Alan West" <alan alanz.com> wrote in message
news:dm2jha$1pc0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Kris wrote:
 I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
Yes, I have, though would like to clean it up a bit and make an installer for it before releasing. Its currently a dummy Xcode Plugin that also provides a system default D compiler rule. You are able to create a normal C BSD Shell Program, delete the main.c file, add new D module, write code, goto errors/warnings, and click build & run/debug. De-mangling of D symbols in the debugger can be done in your head, generally, the numbers you see in the symbol are usually the length of the next sub-identifier.
Nov 23 2005
parent reply Alan West <alan alanz.com> writes:
I haven't been doing any D lately, I never did get around to making an
installer for this D Xcode plugin. I had lost the project, so re-created
the dummy plugin, and copied the spec files from the plugin I had been
using.

Please find attached the source.

More may be stripped out of the release plugin, as it doesn't have any
user interface elements.

One thing I was unable to override involves the standard path for header
files, iirc the standard d library imports could not be found in some
path containing 10.4-universal (along those lines), I just deleted it in
the project settings and everything was fine.

If Anders wishes, it could be included in the installer for the compiler.

 Kris wrote:
 I see xcode 2.2 is out. Has anyone configured xcode to use GDC?
Yes, I have, though would like to clean it up a bit and make an installer for it before releasing. Its currently a dummy Xcode Plugin that also provides a system default D compiler rule. You are able to create a normal C BSD Shell Program, delete the main.c file, add new D module, write code, goto errors/warnings, and click build & run/debug. De-mangling of D symbols in the debugger can be done in your head, generally, the numbers you see in the symbol are usually the length of the next sub-identifier.
Jan 18 2006
next sibling parent Alan West <alan alanz.com> writes:
...And here's the plugin to be installed here:

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Plug-ins
Jan 18 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Alan West wrote:

 I haven't been doing any D lately, I never did get around to making an
 installer for this D Xcode plugin. I had lost the project, so re-created
 the dummy plugin, and copied the spec files from the plugin I had been
 using.
Oh, looks very nice! Mac OS X 10.4 only I guess, but it looks complete ?
 If Anders wishes, it could be included in the installer for the compiler.
I'll put it up on gdcmac for sure, will see which installer it'll be... --anders
Jan 18 2006
Alan West wrote:

 One thing I was unable to override involves the standard path for header
 files, iirc the standard d library imports could not be found in some
 path containing 10.4-universal (along those lines), I just deleted it in
 the project settings and everything was fine.
It seems to be using the GCC 3.3 paths, so once it is updated to use the GCC 4.0 instead it should probably be able to find them... ? For GCC 3.x, Apple did their "usual thing" of changing all the GCC paths to be weird, but for GCC 4.x they reverted back to the GNU ones. i.e. /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/ vs. /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/
 De-mangling of D symbols in the debugger can be done in your head,
 generally, the numbers you see in the symbol are usually the length
 of the next sub-identifier.
There are some stand-alone utilities to do this, before the GDB patches can be integrated with the Mac OS X system debugger (as is possible...) Here is one such: http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/d-name-demangler.zip (http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/d_demangle.txt, translated back to C) --anders
Jan 18 2006