D - With syntax

reply Keith Fuller <Keith_member pathlink.com> writes:
My 2 cents worth:  (is anyone willing to give me 2 cents for this?)
-----------------

I like Visual Basic's With ... End With much better.

With objFont
Size = .Size + 1
Name = "Arial"
End With

That way I know immediately what is being affected by the With.
If something starts with a "." then it's either a decimal number or it's
associated with the "With".

Other items:
------------

Shouldn't there be a newsgroup for user contributions? (such as the recent
wxWindows post)

Zorland.  Borland.  Coincidence?
Jan 13 2003
next sibling parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Keith Fuller" <Keith_member pathlink.com> escribiσ en el mensaje
news:avv0c3$2o40$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| My 2 cents worth:  (is anyone willing to give me 2 cents for this?)
| -----------------
|
| I like Visual Basic's With ... End With much better.
|
| With objFont
| Size = .Size + 1
| Name = "Arial"
| End With
|
| That way I know immediately what is being affected by the With.
| If something starts with a "." then it's either a decimal number or it's
| associated with the "With".

I agree with that.

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/

| Other items:
| ------------
|
| Shouldn't there be a newsgroup for user contributions? (such as the recent
| wxWindows post)
|
| Zorland.  Borland.  Coincidence?

---
prev sibling parent Keith Fuller <Keith_member pathlink.com> writes:
What happened to my dots and indents in the With block?
Let me try again here.

My 2 cents worth:  (is anyone willing to give me 2 cents for this?)

I like Visual Basic's With ... End With much better.

With objFont
(note the dot -->) .Size = .Size + 1
(note the dot -->) .Name = "Arial"