D - positioning output in the console

reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
I'm attempting to writing a c++ hangman game and would like to know if is
possible to keep the output at a set location on the screen.  I would like
to have the gallows and any additional output to appear in the same
location without printing an inordinate amount of new line characters.  The
program must also be portable so I'm trying to stay away from os specific
functions if possible.

your assistance is greatly appreciated!
andrew
Nov 16 2002
next sibling parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribiσ en el mensaje
news:ar6tut$2bl0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| I'm attempting to writing a c++ hangman game and would like to know if is
| possible to keep the output at a set location on the screen.  I would like
| to have the gallows and any additional output to appear in the same
| location without printing an inordinate amount of new line characters.
The
| program must also be portable so I'm trying to stay away from os specific
| functions if possible.
|
| your assistance is greatly appreciated!
| andrew

I can help you with the gotoxy() function. However, this is a Windows-only
version of the function. If you still want it, let me know.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 16 2002
parent reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
"Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:ar6u3f$2buu$1 digitaldaemon.com...

| I can help you with the gotoxy() function. However, this is a
Windows-only
| version of the function. If you still want it, let me know.
|
| -------------------------
| Carlos Santander
| http://carlos3.netfirms.com/

I would appreciate that alot Carlos!
Thanks.

Andrew
Nov 19 2002
parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribiσ en el mensaje
news:ard6i2$7qa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
| news:ar6u3f$2buu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
|
| | I can help you with the gotoxy() function. However, this is a
| Windows-only
| | version of the function. If you still want it, let me know.
| |
| | -------------------------
| | Carlos Santander
| | http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
| |

| I would appreciate that alot Carlos!
| Thanks.
|
| Andrew

Ok, then. Here it goes. It also includes some other console functions
(wherex, wherey, clrscr, textcolor, textbackground). The code is adapted
from conio.c from dev-c++.

Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 19 2002
prev sibling parent "zhang li" <li stands.3322.org> writes:
^_^

There is directly operate to video card memory, map it to a 64 kb frame
under 1 MB address.
I am also looking for something to make DOS graph programs.

Li