D - The D Journal Update?

reply Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
Whats the status of the The D Journal? I haven't seen any recent posting
regarding it.

Just curious.

Jason
Oct 11 2002
next sibling parent Jonathan Andrew <jon ece.arizona.edu> writes:
Jason Mills wrote:

 Whats the status of the The D Journal? I haven't seen any recent posting
 regarding it.

 Just curious.

 Jason

As far as I know, its being put on hold a little bit until D is a little more complete and the people involved (myself included) have some more time to work on it. Jon
Oct 11 2002
prev sibling parent reply Alix Pexton <Alix seven-point-star.co.uk> writes:
There is a plan fot a "short" issue, some time in the near future.
I had been working on an introductory course in D programming to fill a
little space while you all wait patiently, but D seems to be changing
quite a bit lately, so I decided to wait until we had the v1 feature freeze.

Alix Pexton...
webmaster theDjournal.com

Jason Mills wrote:

 Whats the status of the The D Journal? I haven't seen any recent posting
 regarding it.

 Just curious.

 Jason

Oct 12 2002
I think the basic features are stable.

news:ao9ioo$1eec$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Jason Mills wrote:
 Whats the status of the The D Journal? I haven't seen any recent posting
 regarding it.

 Just curious.

 Jason

Oct 12 2002
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> writes:
Need good debugger integration.  Stone-age debugging may be good enough for
some people.  I can't stand debugging with printf.  Can D provide .PDB file
support by any chance?  We need source-level and symbolic debugging.

Sean

news:ao9j86$1evl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I think the basic features are stable.

Oct 12 2002
"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ao9r85$1m6s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Need good debugger integration.  Stone-age debugging may be good enough

 some people.  I can't stand debugging with printf.  Can D provide .PDB

 support by any chance?  We need source-level and symbolic debugging.

I've been using windbg.exe with it. It'll put out basic codeview info, which most debuggers can read.
Oct 12 2002