D - Off Topic: Larry Wall

reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
Slashdot has an interview with Laray Wall (the Perl guy).
http://interviews.slashdot.org/interviews/02/09/06/1343222.shtml?tid=145

I like this quote in reguard to the design and evolution of Perl.

"We often chant the slogan: "Easy things should be easy, and hard things
should be possible."

But as with any slogan, there are some qustionable assumptions hidden
behind the sentiment. We assume that it's obvious which things should be
easy or hard, and that the things that are currently easy are the things
that ought to be easy."
It's a great interview.

"Patrick Down" <pat codemoon.com> wrote in message
news:Xns92818A922E50Epatcodemooncom 63.105.9.61...
 Slashdot has an interview with Laray Wall (the Perl guy).
 http://interviews.slashdot.org/interviews/02/09/06/1343222.shtml?tid=145

 I like this quote in reguard to the design and evolution of Perl.

 "We often chant the slogan: "Easy things should be easy, and hard things
 should be possible."

 But as with any slogan, there are some qustionable assumptions hidden
 behind the sentiment. We assume that it's obvious which things should be
 easy or hard, and that the things that are currently easy are the things
 that ought to be easy."
Sep 06 2002