D - Assertion Failure

reply Jonathan Andrew <jon ece.arizona.edu> writes:
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but when I try
to declare an array (static or dynamic) initialized with a few
elements and compile, I get:

Assertion failure: 'ie' on line 253 in file 'declaration.c'

abnormal program termination

My original source was longer, but the following chunk of code
triggers the error on my system:

int main(char[][] args)
{
   int[] nums = {1,2,3,4,5};
   return 0;
}

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Jun 19 2002
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
It's a known bug.  Workaround:  Make the array static or don't initialize
it.

Sean

news:3D115E12.8000205 ece.arizona.edu...