D - status

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
You may have noticed there haven't been D compiler updates in a couple of
weeks now. That is because I am trying to get more C++ 98 compliant template
support in the DMC++ compiler. I'm itching to get that done and get back to
D.

-Walter
Jun 17 2002
next sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Am glad for one. :)

Will also be glad for the opportunity to persuade you of my compiler plug-in
idea when you get back to D house (sorry, couldn't resist)

news:aelk5k$e59$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent reply "Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:aelk5k$e59$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 You may have noticed there haven't been D compiler updates in a couple of
 weeks now. That is because I am trying to get more C++ 98 compliant
template
 support in the DMC++ compiler. I'm itching to get that done and get back
to Hi, just to be sure what you mean by C++ 98. I once have found the ISO standard of C++ named: ISO/IEC 14882:1998(E) for download and printed this 700+ pages monster. Is this the standard you referr to? Have further releases, bug-fixes etc. to the mention ISO standard been released? Where can I find those papers? Is this standard paper still available somewhere for download? Questions over questions... -- Robert M. Münch IT & Management Freelancer Mobile: +49 (0)177 2452 802 Fax : +49 (0)721 8408 9112 Web : http://www.robertmuench.de
"Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> wrote in message
news:aemkpn$1d09$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
 news:aelk5k$e59$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 You may have noticed there haven't been D compiler updates in a couple
of
 weeks now. That is because I am trying to get more C++ 98 compliant
template
 support in the DMC++ compiler. I'm itching to get that done and get back
to Hi, just to be sure what you mean by C++ 98. I once have found the ISO standard of C++ named: ISO/IEC 14882:1998(E) for download and printed this 700+ pages monster. Is this the standard you referr to?
Yup.
 Have further releases, bug-fixes etc. to the mention ISO standard been
 released? Where can I find those papers?
I don't know. Try comp.std.c++, those folks should be able to help there.
 Is this standard paper still
 available somewhere for download?
Yes, see www.digitalmars.com/bibliography.html, though it isn't free.
Jun 18 2002