D - Full names

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dm synesis-group.com> writes:
Guys

I know this is like a whinging old manager, but I wondered whether we could
all make sure to have full names on the posts as, in the abscense of picture
identiers on the posts, I am getting seriously confused (eg. between Andy
and Andrew - I know one has evident expertise, and the other professes to be
a newbie, but my feeble old mind is faltering ...)

Flame away you free spirits, you.

Matthew
Jun 12 2002
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Matthew Wilson" <dm synesis-group.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:ae8jfd$1g35$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Guys

 I know this is like a whinging old manager, but I wondered whether we
could
 all make sure to have full names on the posts as, in the abscense of
picture
 identiers on the posts, I am getting seriously confused (eg. between Andy
 and Andrew - I know one has evident expertise, and the other professes to
be
 a newbie, but my feeble old mind is faltering ...)

 Flame away you free spirits, you.

 Matthew
I know this might be a little out of context (considering where we are posting and to who), but I object it for one reason: I learned long ago that you aren't supposed to give your full name, ss number, telephone, address, etc. in the internet. And I've done everything I can to follow that, that's why I don't publish my full name.
Jun 12 2002
parent reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
Carlos  wrote:

| I know this might be a little out of context (considering where we are
| posting and to who), but I object it for one reason: I learned long ago
that
| you aren't supposed to give your full name, ss number, telephone,
address,
| etc. in the internet. And I've done everything I can to follow that,
that's
| why I don't publish my full name.

But when in war! If I am captured, I am entitled to provide my name, rank,
and ssn. Though I won't provide my ssn over the internet, I see no reason
for not sharing my name.

To all! It has is a pleasure to have stumbled upon this program and this
newsgroup. Thanks for not kicking me out though I might seem utterly
confused and almost always lost!

Andrew Edwards
Jun 12 2002
next sibling parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
 But when in war! If I am captured, I am entitled to provide my name, rank,
 and ssn. Though I won't provide my ssn over the internet, I see no reason
 for not sharing my name.
well, I've never been in war... anyway, i don't think it should be like a must, but if you want to, do it. besides, i don't think there's another carlos (besides juan carlos arevalo) over here ;)
Jun 12 2002
parent "Matthew Wilson" <dm synesis-group.com> writes:
Sure. I wasn't trying to strong arm anyone, or start a flame or anything.
Just seeking clarity of thought by dint of more explicit identification.
I'll stumble on with half a brain ...

"Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:ae937q$20ug$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 But when in war! If I am captured, I am entitled to provide my name,
rank,
 and ssn. Though I won't provide my ssn over the internet, I see no
reason
 for not sharing my name.
well, I've never been in war... anyway, i don't think it should be like a must, but if you want to, do it. besides, i don't think there's another carlos (besides juan carlos
arevalo)
 over here ;)
Jun 12 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dm synesis-group.com> writes:
Indeed.

Furthermore, it seems little optimistic that if someone wanted to hunt you
down, they would not be able to do so irrespective of your obfuscating
pop-star-like one-name nom de plum on this little arena

Andrew, it's a pleasure to see you on the group. Just stop apologising for
not knowing anything. Strewth (that's being pretending to be an Aussie!), I
don't know anything, and I'm editing the Journal! ;)

"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> wrote in message
news:ae930k$20p8$1 digitaldaemon.com...

"Matthew Wilson" wrote:

| Andrew, it's a pleasure to see you on the group. Just stop apologising
for
| not knowing anything. Strewth (that's being pretending to be an Aussie!),
| don't know anything, and I'm editing the Journal! ;)

Fair enough.
Jun 12 2002
parent "OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> wrote in message
news:ae993j$27lv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew Wilson" wrote:

 | Andrew, it's a pleasure to see you on the group. Just stop apologising
 for
 | not knowing anything. Strewth (that's being pretending to be an
Aussie!),
 | don't know anything, and I'm editing the Journal! ;)

 Fair enough.
I always post using the nickname OddesE... I am seriously thinking about changing that habit though... However I also post on other groups where giving away my full name is something I wouldn't do as easily as here. I know, I know, everyone *could* go here, but in fact, they don't. At least now I am always using the same nickname everywhere, so I can be easily recognised. And OddesE is not a name I see used often... Stijn is my real first name though. If you want to learn more about me, visit my website currently located at http://directx.deltahosting.nl (or use the cjb.net redirect). -- Stijn OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com http://OddesE.cjb.net _________________________________________________ Remove _XYZ from my address when replying by mail
Jun 26 2002
 Carlos  wrote:

 | I know this might be a little out of context (considering where we are
 | posting and to who), but I object it for one reason: I learned long ago
 that
 | you aren't supposed to give your full name, ss number, telephone,
 address,
 | etc. in the internet. And I've done everything I can to follow that,
 that's
 | why I don't publish my full name.

 But when in war! If I am captured, I am entitled to provide my name, rank,
 and ssn. Though I won't provide my ssn over the internet, I see no reason
 for not sharing my name.

 To all! It has is a pleasure to have stumbled upon this program and this
 newsgroup. Thanks for not kicking me out though I might seem utterly
 confused and almost always lost!

 Andrew Edwards
It's great to have you! -- Stijn OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com http://OddesE.cjb.net _________________________________________________ Remove _XYZ from my address when replying by mail
Jun 26 2002