D - How to build import libraries?

reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
I need to build an import library that's DMD-compatible for d3d8.lib and
dxguid.lib and other various DirectX dll's.

parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
Has anyone here ever looked for documentation on making import libraries for
system DLL's?  The information is Just Not Out There!!!

It used to exist back when Windows 95 came out.  Now I can't find it
anymore.

This sucks.  I hate undocumented command line tools.

Sean

"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:adu357$1h8m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I need to build an import library that's DMD-compatible for d3d8.lib and
 dxguid.lib and other various DirectX dll's.

next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
Well it thinks the ones for Visual C++ 6 (included with DirectX 8
distribution) are invalid library files.

Anyone have any clue here?  I'm stuck.

Sean

"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:adu7ac$1lg9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Has anyone here ever looked for documentation on making import libraries
for
 system DLL's?  The information is Just Not Out There!!!

 It used to exist back when Windows 95 came out.  Now I can't find it
 anymore.

 This sucks.  I hate undocumented command line tools.

 Sean

 "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
 news:adu357$1h8m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I need to build an import library that's DMD-compatible for d3d8.lib and
 dxguid.lib and other various DirectX dll's.

prev sibling next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
Well I found this page on the Digital Mars site:

http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/implib.html

But I can't find the tools anywhere.  They're not part of the DMC++
distribution.

Ok, after digging thoroughly on ftp.digitalmars.com, I finally found
coff2omf.zip and that did the trick.  I now have valid libraries for d3d8,
d3dx8, d3dx8d, dsound, dinput8, dxguid.

But one last problem has surfaced:

C:\dmd\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(com)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _IID_IUnknown

The GUID for IUnknown is not found.  Anyone know where to find it?

Sean

"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:adu7ac$1lg9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Has anyone here ever looked for documentation on making import libraries
for
 system DLL's?  The information is Just Not Out There!!!

 It used to exist back when Windows 95 came out.  Now I can't find it
 anymore.

 This sucks.  I hate undocumented command line tools.

 Sean

 "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
 news:adu357$1h8m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I need to build an import library that's DMD-compatible for d3d8.lib and
 dxguid.lib and other various DirectX dll's.

Nevermind, found it in uuid.lib.