D - BrightD project for the GCC frontend

reply andy <acoliver apache.org> writes:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on sourceforge.
  Why BrightD?  Why not.  Or more accurately someone on here said
"Bright" was a nice name and D was too short for the sourceforge name
requirements and DFrontEndForGCC was too long... So why not.

In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on learning
the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end stuff...  Anyone who
wants to join is welcome!

-Andy
May 28 2002
next sibling parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
 In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on learning
 the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end stuff...  Anyone who
 wants to join is welcome!
If you want and the traffic does not get too crazy you can host it here... What would you need? Jan
May 28 2002
parent reply andy <acoliver nc.rr.com> writes:
 In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on
 learning the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end stuff...
 Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
If you want and the traffic does not get too crazy you can host it here... What would you need? Jan
CVS access, mailing list, web page publishing of some sort, Bug tracker at least as good as bugzilla (hopefully better) -Andy
May 28 2002
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
 In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on
 learning the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end stuff...
 Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
If you want and the traffic does not get too crazy you can host it here... What would you need? Jan
CVS access, mailing list, web page publishing of some sort, Bug tracker at least as good as bugzilla (hopefully better)
CVS, no problem Mailing List no problem Web Page... FTP ok? Bug Tracker... is BugZilla free?
May 28 2002
parent reply andy <acoliver nc.rr.com> writes:
 In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on
 learning the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end
 stuff... Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
If you want and the traffic does not get too crazy you can host it here... What would you need? Jan
CVS access, mailing list, web page publishing of some sort, Bug tracker at least as good as bugzilla (hopefully better)
CVS, no problem
cool.
 Mailing List no problem
cool
 Web Page... FTP ok?
Yes. I recommend SFTP for security reasons.
 Bug Tracker... is BugZilla free?
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bugzilla/ Although I'll soon be upgrading Apache to: http://scarab.tigris.org
May 28 2002
parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
andy wrote:

 In the coming days I'll try and get a website, start working on
 learning the ropes of the GCC frontend stuff and D front end
 stuff... Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
If you want and the traffic does not get too crazy you can host it here... What would you need? Jan
CVS access, mailing list, web page publishing of some sort, Bug tracker at least as good as bugzilla (hopefully better)
CVS, no problem
cool.
 Mailing List no problem
cool
 Web Page... FTP ok?
Yes. I recommend SFTP for security reasons.
I would too is all users/customers were able to deal with that.
 Bug Tracker... is BugZilla free?
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bugzilla/
Will see if I can install that.
 Although I'll soon be upgrading Apache to:
   http://scarab.tigris.org
Will check it out when I have time... <g>
May 29 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "anderson" <anderson firestar.com.au> writes:
I know is about D Front End For GCC (DFE GCC), but on a slightly different
note...

My two cents,

Yes brightD's a good idea for a name for the group, that could be the long
name and D be the short. It'd also be a good idea for D's real name.
Simular to openGL many people simply use GL. I'd be one of those names with
a story behind it.

I doubt Walter would like that at though, but then again I'm not Walter, and
I don't profess to know him.

news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...

prev sibling next sibling parent "V. Krishnakumar" <lvimala eth.net> writes:
"andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on sourceforge.
   Why BrightD?  Why not.  Or more accurately someone on here said
 "Bright" was a nice name and D was too short for the sourceforge name
 requirements and DFrontEndForGCC was too long... So why not.
"Bright" also happens to be a part of Walter's name. cheers, -Krish
May 28 2002
Hmm. This link just stopped working. What happened?

"andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on sourceforge.
May 29 2002
next sibling parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
It never worked for me....
Jan

Walter wrote:

 Hmm. This link just stopped working. What happened?

 "andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
 news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on sourceforge.
May 29 2002
parent reply Roland <rv ronetech.com> writes:
Just to check, i will not contribute.
It works for me, at least i can see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd.html.
Surprisingly, its written in a mix of french and english ??

roland

Jan Knepper a écrit :

 It never worked for me....
 Jan

 Walter wrote:

 Hmm. This link just stopped working. What happened?

 "andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
 news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on sourceforge.
May 30 2002
next sibling parent andy <acoliver apache.org> writes:
Roland wrote:
 Just to check, i will not contribute.
 It works for me, at least i can see
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd.html.
 <http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd>
 Surprisingly, its written in a mix of french and english ??

no idea.
 roland

 Jan Knepper a écrit :

 It never worked for me....
 Jan

 Walter wrote:

 Hmm. This link just stopped working. What happened?

 "andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
 news:3CF3C9A0.1090104 apache.org...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd project created on
sourceforge.
May 30 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
	charset="iso-8859-1"

 Surprisingly, its written in a mix of french and english ??=20
It's only written in english. I see it as a mix of spanish and english. = I think this is what happens: every sourceforge page checks for your = browser local configuration and loads strings according to your system. = It's the only explanation.
May 30 2002
parent reply Roland <rv ronetech.com> writes:
Carlos a écrit :

 Surprisingly, its written in a mix of french and english ?? It's
only written in english. I see it as a mix of spanish and english. I think this is what happens: every sourceforge page checks for your browser local configuration and loads strings according to your system. It's the only explanation.
sourceforge pages are clever. first time i see something like that thanks roland
May 31 2002
parent "OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> writes:
"Roland" <rv ronetech.com> wrote in message
news:3CF72337.3227B6F1 ronetech.com...
 Surprisingly, its written in a mix of french and english ?? It's only
 written in english. I see it as a mix of spanish and english. I
 think this is what happens:    every sourceforge page checks for your
 browser local configuration and loads strings according to your
 system. It's the only explanation.
sourceforge pages are clever. first time i see something like that thanks roland
I've seen it before. A lot of international sites do this. I think they just check from which domain you come. They don't have to look at your windows settings. I come from chello.nl (Netherlands), so sourceforge gave me the pages in Dutch. :) -- Stijn OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com http://OddesE.cjb.net _________________________________________________ Remove _XYZ from my address when replying by mail
Jun 03 2002
prev sibling parent andy <acoliver apache.org> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Hmm. This link just stopped working. What happened?

Remember when I said sourceforge has been having performance and reliability problems? hehe. Its back up now.