D - Language Versions

reply Andy Walker <Andy_member pathlink.com> writes:
Is Bright (D) to the point where it makes sense to talk about versions?  I am
not talking about the "version" keyword.  That is another GREAT idea, but
different.

I would like to see comments like "That construction sundowned in version
0.0.0.1".

Andy Walker
jawalker stl.quik.com
May 27 2002
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
What do you mean? The version statement also will work for language
extensions.

news:acua7u$2u47$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"Andy Walker" <Andy_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:acua7u$2u47$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Is Bright (D) to the point where it makes sense to talk about versions?  I
am
 not talking about the "version" keyword.  That is another GREAT idea, but
 different.

 I would like to see comments like "That construction sundowned in version
 0.0.0.1".
Well, it already had pointer declaration syntax changed, then comparison ops, and also some functions are deprecated (string.toCharz, for instance). I don't remember the version numbers, though.
May 27 2002