D - Let's stop feeding the troll

reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
Frankly, I'm tired of listending to Mr. "D" stir up trouble.  Walter
started this group, and generally it has been very civil.  It's time it
was again.

D, stop flaming.

Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.

<growl>

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
Feb 05 2002
next sibling parent reply "Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza" <jcab roningames.com> writes:
 Frankly, I'm tired of listending to Mr. "D" stir up trouble.  Walter
 started this group, and generally it has been very civil.  It's time it
 was again.

 D, stop flaming.

 Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
 least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.
I second this. He brings some valid points, but IMHO his signal/noise ratio is abysmal. Salutaciones, JCAB
Feb 05 2002
parent "D" <s_nudds hotmail.com> writes:
Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza <jcab roningames.com> wrote in message
news:a3plj1$k1u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Frankly, I'm tired of listending to Mr. "D" stir up trouble.  Walter
 started this group, and generally it has been very civil.  It's time it
 was again.

 D, stop flaming.

 Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
 least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.
I second this. He brings some valid points, but IMHO his signal/noise ratio is abysmal.
I recommend the following reading. Why Things Bite Back Edward Tenner If it can go wrong, it will--thus Murphy's Law. Science journalist Edward Tenner looks more closely at this eternal verity, named after a U.S. Air Force captain who, during a test of rocket-sled deceleration, noticed that critical gauges had been improperly set and concluded, "If there's more than one way to do a job and one of those ways will end in disaster, then somebody will do it that way." Tenner concurs, and he gives us myriad case studies of how technological fixes often create bigger problems than the ones they were meant to solve in the first place. The indiscriminate use of antibiotics, by way of example, has yielded hardier strains of bacteria and viruses that do not respond to pharmaceutical treatment; the wide-scale use of air conditioning in cities has raised the outdoor temperature in some places by as much as 10 degrees, adding stress to already-taxed cooling systems; the modern reliance on medical intervention to deal with simple illnesses, to say nothing of the rapidly growing number of elective surgeries, means that even a low percentage of error (one patient in twenty-five, by a recent estimate) can affect increasingly large numbers of people. Tenner examines what he deems the "unintended consequences" of technological innovation, drawing examples from everyday objects and situations. Although he recounts disaster after painful disaster, his book makes for curiously entertaining, if sometimes scary, reading. --Gregory McNamee The Logic of Failure Dietrich Dorner, et al That's Not What We Meant to Do: Reform and Its Unintended Consequences in the Twentieth Century Steven M. Gillon Normal Accidents Charles Perrow Systemantics The Underground Text of Systems Lore John Gall, D.H. Gall (Illustrator)
Feb 06 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <spalmer iname.com> writes:
Too late!!! ;)

Sean

prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Richard Krehbiel" <rich kastle.com> writes:
 Frankly, I'm tired of listending to Mr. "D" stir up trouble.  Walter
 started this group, and generally it has been very civil.  It's time it
 was again.

 D, stop flaming.

 Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
 least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.
Just as a point of information, I think I recognize this guy. The "s_nudds" part of his email address suggests he's Scott Nudds. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott+nudds+comp.lang.c&hl=en I'd say D's being quite civil... -- Richard Krehbiel, Arlington, VA, USA rich kastle.com (work) or krehbiel3 home.com (personal)
Feb 06 2002
next sibling parent "Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza" <jcab JCABs-Rumblings.com> writes:
"Richard Krehbiel" <rich kastle.com> wrote in message
news:a3rdet$2d2l$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Just as a point of information, I think I recognize this guy.  The
"s_nudds"
 part of his email address suggests he's Scott Nudds.

 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott+nudds+comp.lang.c&hl=en
:) http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott+nudds+comp.lang.c&hl=en&selm=32F7ABA C.794B%40vnet.ibm.com&rnum=9 --- We all know that C is substandard garbage. We have all been bitten by it. We know that the future will abandon C. But unlike some, I see no reason to justify sloth that must be abandoned. --- Sounds like him alright. Either him or a copycat.
Feb 06 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <spalmer iname.com> writes:
 D, stop flaming.

 Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
 least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.
Just as a point of information, I think I recognize this guy. The
"s_nudds"
 part of his email address suggests he's Scott Nudds.

 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott+nudds+comp.lang.c&hl=en

 I'd say D's being quite civil...
You're right, it's Scott Nudds. However I'd appreciate him not trying to ram his opinions down everyone's throat... make a point (once, preferrably) and let it rest. Sean
Feb 06 2002
next sibling parent reply "Roberto Mariottini" <rmariottini lycosmail.com> writes:
"Sean L. Palmer" <spalmer iname.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:a3rvk1$7pf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D, stop flaming.

 Everybody else, let's stop flaming back.  If he won't shut up, then at
 least stop responding to him and maybe he'll go away.
Just as a point of information, I think I recognize this guy. The
"s_nudds"
 part of his email address suggests he's Scott Nudds.

 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=scott+nudds+comp.lang.c&hl=en

 I'd say D's being quite civil...
You're right, it's Scott Nudds. However I'd appreciate him not trying to ram his opinions down everyone's throat... make a point (once,
preferrably)
 and let it rest.
I don't think he's really Scott Nudds. Mr Nudds is a very fireproof troll, he wouldn't stop after only some tenth of messages. It's probabily a schoolboy that has read about this Mr. Nudds' adventures in books, and now tries to emulate it. Simply opening a "s_nudds" account on hotmail means nothing. And the real Nudds wouldn't hide itself under an acronym. Ciao
Feb 07 2002
parent reply "D" <s_nudds hotmail.com> writes:
Gee. Am I all that famous?  In all the gin joints in all the world...
Snicker.

The D project exists for the very reasons I illustrated so long ago.
Please don't hate be because I'm superior.

Recommended reading (above) is still recommended..Ignore ergonomics and
systematics
at your own perril.

The all powerful mighty Nudds has spoken.

Roberto Mariottini <rmariottini lycosmail.com> wrote in message
news:a3tcmq$gq6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
I don't think he's really Scott Nudds. Mr Nudds is a very fireproof troll,
 he wouldn't stop after only some tenth of messages. It's probabily a
 schoolboy that has read about this Mr. Nudds' adventures in books,
 and now tries to emulate it.
 Simply opening a "s_nudds" account on hotmail means nothing.
 And the real Nudds wouldn't hide itself under an acronym.
Feb 07 2002
parent reply "Roberto Mariottini" <rmariottini lycosmail.com> writes:
"D" <s_nudds hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:a3u03m$rfo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Gee. Am I all that famous?  In all the gin joints in all the world...
 Snicker.

 The D project exists for the very reasons I illustrated so long ago.
 Please don't hate be because I'm superior.

 Recommended reading (above) is still recommended..Ignore ergonomics and
 systematics
 at your own perril.

 The all powerful mighty Nudds has spoken.
Yes, you are Scott Nudds, and I am Bill Gates, write me at: bill_gates55 hotmail.com Ciao
Feb 07 2002
parent "D" <s_nudds hotmail.com> writes:
Bill. How's it hanging?
You seem to have lost touch with reality recently Bill.  Must be all the yes
men
you have surrounded yourself with.

We need to talk about the quality of your companies software Bill.

Call me.  We'll do lunch.

Scott Nudds 905 560 0940