D - newby question

reply "Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd-D galador.net> writes:
does D support (or will support)?:

- introspection:
ie:
    - dynamical loading of class
    - dynamicall call of property / method (found method by name)

- runtime compilation (my program, from user instruction, create a new class
code, compile it and use it all while running !)

- attribute on field/method/other:
like:
  [AppearanceAttribute(Atype)]
  int anItProperty;
this is great for automatic processing of plugin, property panel, etc ...
Jun 02 2004
parent reply "Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd-D galador.net> writes:
and ... with introspection comes automatic serialization.
any support for that ?
Not in 1.0. Maybe 2.0. -Walter

"Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd-D galador.net> wrote in message
news:c9lqnt$iuo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 and ... with introspection comes automatic serialization.
 any support for that ?
Jun 07 2004
next sibling parent "Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd-D galador.net> writes:
OkiDoki, watch out for version 2.0 :-)

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ca2lfb$17r5$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 Not in 1.0. Maybe 2.0. -Walter

 "Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd-D galador.net> wrote in message
 news:c9lqnt$iuo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 and ... with introspection comes automatic serialization.
 any support for that ?
Jun 07 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Budi Arief G" <mybudze yahoo.com.sg> writes:
Dear all,

I'm a beginner to C and C++. Yesterday i search over internet and found =
D  =

is easiest to learn than the predeccessors and very comfortable for me. =
 =

But several question makes me a little doubt, please help.

1. D can only run on Windows Console, i can not run it in pure DOS  =

Console. This is is something very important since C and C++ can do that=
.  =

How can i run it on embedded system if it should require windows ?
2. The executable file size is so big, test using "Hello World" program.=
  =

Is that because D runs in win32 console mode ? Even i use exe compressor=
,  =

the size doesn't cut for the half of the original size instead.

Thank you. Keep up good working ;)

Regards,

Budi
Sep 14 2004
parent reply "BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI" <budi online.ie> writes:
Hi,

How can i deal with serial port ?

Thanks

Budi
Sep 16 2004
parent Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI schrieb:
 How can i deal with serial port ?
This depends on which operating system you are using. The common suggestion would be, you find out how to speak to the serial port in C, and then carry it over to D. On Unix-like operating systems, there is a device file to which you can write and from which you can read, which represents a serial port. On Windows, you use system library calls. I suggest you look up on the MSDN. You can take this as a starting point: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnfiles/html/msdn_serial.asp As soon as you get simple comunication working in C, i can help you port it over to D. -eye
Nov 01 2004