D - D takes the fun out of programming!!!

reply Achilleas Margaritis <Achilleas_member pathlink.com> writes:
I mean, where are the battles with C++ headers and implementation files ? with
mutual dependencies ? insane compile times ? memory management, null pointers
and crashes ? template magic to avoid name conflicts ? I already miss them...

:-) I am only joking, of course. D significantly reduces development time, to
the point that it is ...almost boring!!!
Apr 27 2004
next sibling parent Stephan Wienczny <wienczny web.de> writes:
Whenever you feel it is too boring you could start to write an module in
brainfuck or another less boring language *G*

Achilleas Margaritis wrote:
 I mean, where are the battles with C++ headers and implementation files ? with
 mutual dependencies ? insane compile times ? memory management, null pointers
 and crashes ? template magic to avoid name conflicts ? I already miss them...

 :-) I am only joking, of course. D significantly reduces development time, to
 the point that it is ...almost boring!!!

Apr 27 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
hehe yeah i espcecially love the lightning fast compile times of D - truly
marvelous :)

In article <c6lvfr$1va4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Achilleas Margaritis says...

parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 hehe yeah i espcecially love the lightning fast compile times of D - truly
 marvelous :)
Yeah, me too. 75 files compile faster than it takes me to cross-my-fingers <g>
"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c6m9j5$2h1r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 hehe yeah i espcecially love the lightning fast compile times of D -
truly
 marvelous :)
Yeah, me too. 75 files compile faster than it takes me to
cross-my-fingers
 <g>
Empire in D takes less than half as long to compile as the same code in C++. (Both are optimized builds.) This is illuminating, since the identical optimizer, code gen, and linker are used. The difference is the front end speed.
Apr 27 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "Jan-Eric Duden" <jeduden whisset.com> writes:
Mmh. If you want have fun programming try Unlambda! :>
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/madore/programs/unlambda/

--
Jan-Eric Duden
"Achilleas Margaritis" <Achilleas_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c6lvfr$1va4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I mean, where are the battles with C++ headers and implementation files ?
with
 mutual dependencies ? insane compile times ? memory management, null
pointers
 and crashes ? template magic to avoid name conflicts ? I already miss
them...
 :-) I am only joking, of course. D significantly reduces development time,
 the point that it is ...almost boring!!!
Apr 28 2004
prev sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
"Achilleas Margaritis" <Achilleas_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c6lvfr$1va4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I mean, where are the battles with C++ headers and implementation files ?
with
 mutual dependencies ? insane compile times ? memory management, null
pointers
 and crashes ? template magic to avoid name conflicts ? I already miss
them...
 :-) I am only joking, of course. D significantly reduces development time,
 the point that it is ...almost boring!!!
As it goes with anything in life, I reckon you make your own fun.......
Apr 30 2004