D - iostream equivalant?

reply "Michael T. Coumbes" <japh flashmail.com> writes:
I am new to D and have been reading about and playing with
it today, but I was wondering will there be a C++ style
iostream module? I have looked for something like this and
cannot find it for D. Did I miss it or does it just not exist?

Thanks.
Apr 21 2004
next sibling parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
It does not exist<curmudgeonly>, thankfully</curmudgeonly>

news:c67o38$thi$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent reply "C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> writes:
Michael T. Coumbes wrote:
 I am new to D and have been reading about and playing with
 it today, but I was wondering will there be a C++ style
 iostream module? I have looked for something like this and
 cannot find it for D. Did I miss it or does it just not exist?

 Thanks.
If by "C++ style" you mean using '<<' and '>>', that is optionally implemented in Kris's DSC.IO library (turned on or off via the versioning system). If you simply mean an object-oriented stream library, then we have std.stream in Phobos, and again DSC.IO (still in beta). -C. Sauls -Invironz
Apr 22 2004
parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
C. Sauls wrote:

<snip>
 If by "C++ style" you mean using '<<' and '>>', that is optionally
 implemented in Kris's DSC.IO library (turned on or off via the
 versioning system).  If you simply mean an object-oriented stream
 library, then we have std.stream in Phobos, and again DSC.IO (still in
 beta).
My understanding would be an I/O library with the near-enough general L&F of C++ iostream. Which could mean having operators that are used like iostream's << and >>. Further, it could mean having formatted output capabilities. I believe Dsc.io has this, but I'm still yet to explore it in enough detail.... Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Apr 22 2004