D - Ugly holes/warts in Phobos

reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
1. std.file
You have functions to delete and rename files.  How about a function to
copy files?

2. std.date
I've noticed a struct Date in the code.  Why no functions to convert
between d_time and Date, besides the internal workings of the parse
function?  Indeed, why no functions to get/set the component values of a
d_time, or to construct a d_time from these values?

For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
generated by toString(d_time)?

3. std.intrinsic
	int bt(uint *p, uint index)
et al.

Is there some esoteric reason behind a pointer instead of an inout here?

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
 For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
 generated by toString(d_time)?

Apr 15 2004
parent reply "Scott Egan" <scotte tpg.com.aux> writes:
It breaks the date and time up strangely.

RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
format of this be better as it's standands based?

On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11 GMT+1000
2004",

where as the RFC format would be:

"Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"

"Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> wrote in message
news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
 generated by toString(d_time)?

Apr 15 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Scott Egan" <scotte tpg.com.aux> wrote in message
news:c5m21t$2aut$1 digitaldaemon.com
| It breaks the date and time up strangely.
|
| RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
| format of this be better as it's standands based?
|
| On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11
GMT+1000
| 2004",
|
| where as the RFC format would be:
|
| "Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"
|

| "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> wrote in message
| news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
||| For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
||| generated by toString(d_time)?
|| What do you find peculiar about this format?
|| std.date.toString(getUTCtime())
|| Phill.
|| ---

I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that if
he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in the
wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
related to Phobos.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Apr 15 2004
parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:c5n6q8$12pe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Scott Egan" <scotte tpg.com.aux> wrote in message
 news:c5m21t$2aut$1 digitaldaemon.com
 | It breaks the date and time up strangely.
 |
 | RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
 | format of this be better as it's standands based?
 |
 | On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11
 GMT+1000
 | 2004",
 |
 | where as the RFC format would be:
 |
 | "Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"
 |

 | "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> wrote in message
 | news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 ||| For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar

 ||| generated by toString(d_time)?
 || What do you find peculiar about this format?
 || std.date.toString(getUTCtime())
 || Phill.
 || ---

 I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that if
 he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
 available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in

 wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
 related to Phobos.

 -----------------------
 Carlos Santander Bernal

When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error: The file type you have requested (d) is invalid Is it possible to get this format with your source? 850515 020000 That is 15th of May 1985 2am The reason I need this format is so that I can send it to a server in this format. Thanks Phill. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
Apr 15 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> wrote in message
news:c5nt2c$23t6$1 digitaldaemon.com
| "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
| news:c5n6q8$12pe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
|| I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that
if
|| he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
|| available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in
| the
|| wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
|| related to Phobos.
|| -----------------------
|| Carlos Santander Bernal
|
| When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error:
|
| The file type you have requested (d) is invalid
|
| Is it possible to get this format with your source?
|
| 850515 020000
| That is  15th of May 1985  2am
|
| The reason I need this format is so that I can
| send it to a server in this format.
|
| Thanks
|         Phill.
|

| ---

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the server. Meanwhile, I'm attaching
the file to this message.
And yes, it's possible to get that format.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Apr 16 2004
parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:c5ogb6$31dd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> wrote in message
 news:c5nt2c$23t6$1 digitaldaemon.com
 | "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
 | news:c5n6q8$12pe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 || I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that
 if
 || he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
 || available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in
 | the
 || wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
 || related to Phobos.
 || -----------------------
 || Carlos Santander Bernal
 |
 | When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error:
 |
 | The file type you have requested (d) is invalid
 |
 | Is it possible to get this format with your source?
 |
 | 850515 020000
 | That is  15th of May 1985  2am
 |
 | The reason I need this format is so that I can
 | send it to a server in this format.
 |
 | Thanks
 |         Phill.
 |

 | ---

 Yes, there seems to be a problem with the server. Meanwhile, I'm attaching
 the file to this message.
 And yes, it's possible to get that format.

Thanks very much! Phill.