D - DMD 0.82 is even more buggy than 0.81

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
i get the following message when compiling my project with 0.82:

Internal error: ..\ztc\cod1.c 2651

and it compiled fine with DMD 0.81. Unfortunately my project is so big that
there is not way i could track down the piece of code thats causing this.
Apr 01 2004
next sibling parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
imr1984 wrote:

 my project is so big that there is not way i could track down the piece
 of code thats causing this.
<g> if you can compile it, then there is a way to stop that. So long!
Apr 01 2004
parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
the thing is i cant compile it now. DMD throws up on me where it didnt before :(

next sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
imr1984 wrote:

 the thing is i cant compile it now. DMD throws up on me where it didnt before
:(
<snip> Oh well, maybe someone'll manage to isolate the problem someday.... Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Apr 01 2004
prev sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
imr1984 wrote:

the thing is i cant compile it now. DMD throws up on me where it didnt before :(

This is probably obvious but when debugging dig (with such errors) I ran the complier in verbose mode to isolate the particular module. Then commented out code (large at first in a kinda binary search fashion) until I worked down to the problem area. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:c4ho0k$pbk$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 imr1984 wrote:

the thing is i cant compile it now. DMD throws up on me where it didnt
before :(

 This is probably obvious but when debugging dig (with such errors) I ran
 the complier in verbose mode to isolate the particular module.  Then
 commented out code (large at first in a kinda binary search fashion)
 until I worked down to the problem area.
Yup, that's how it's done.
Apr 01 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c4h2vh$2qtl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 i get the following message when compiling my project with 0.82:

 Internal error: ..\ztc\cod1.c 2651

 and it compiled fine with DMD 0.81. Unfortunately my project is so big
that
 there is not way i could track down the piece of code thats causing this.
Sure there is. Copy your project to another directory, then just start deleting code, function by function.
Apr 01 2004
prev sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
imr1984 wrote:
 i get the following message when compiling my project with 0.82:

 Internal error: ..\ztc\cod1.c 2651

 and it compiled fine with DMD 0.81. Unfortunately my project is so big that
 there is not way i could track down the piece of code thats causing this.
I've tried tracking down errors in big projects and I know it can be frustrating. If it's a multiple-file project, you could try compiling files separately. Instead of: dmd file1.d file2.d Try this: dmd file1.d -c dmd file2.d -c If the error shows up for one of the separate files, then that narrows it down. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Apr 01 2004