D - An image for D promotion and as a desktop background - D4.png

reply satelliittipupu <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> writes:
Here's a little picture.
It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me. Otherwise, use
it as you will.

I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry. There's
not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.
Mar 24 2004
next sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
satelliittipupu wrote:

Here's a little picture.
It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me. Otherwise, use
it as you will.

I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry. There's
not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.

-- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 24 2004
parent reply satelliittipupu <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> writes:

I used Blender. www.blender.org. It's opensource, by the way. In article <c3seq5$3143$1 digitaldaemon.com>, J Anderson says...
satelliittipupu wrote:

Here's a little picture.
It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me. Otherwise, use
it as you will.

I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry. There's
not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.

-- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/

Mar 24 2004
parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
satelliittipupu wrote:

Nice, what 3d graphics package did you use?

I used Blender. www.blender.org. It's opensource, by the way.

packages (3dsmax, anim8or, ect..). -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 24 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Lovely stuff. Might have to come to some arrangement for a book cover.

You should have capitalised the P and L, however. ;)

"satelliittipupu" <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c3sek6$314o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Here's a little picture.
 It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
 If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me.

 it as you will.

 I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry.

 not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.

Mar 24 2004
parent satelliittipupu <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c3sfuk$2gu$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
Lovely stuff. Might have to come to some arrangement for a book cover.

You should have capitalised the P and L, however. ;)

Yes, I had book covers in my mind when I made it. Especially the 80s and 90s programming books about C and C++, had this kind of 3D letters. So it's kind of oldschool. Maybe it's a little bit sterile, but... Sorry about the P and the L. In finnish we usually don't capitalize that kind of words. Only the first letter of a long name (when the words are nouns) is capitalized. I haven't been studying english grammatic lately. But it's easily fixed since it's just a text object in Blender, and it only takes for 10-15 minutes to render.
"satelliittipupu" <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c3sek6$314o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Here's a little picture.
 It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
 If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me.

 it as you will.

 I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry.

 not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.

Mar 24 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
Hmmmm... Next thing would be an interactive D screensaver written in...
D! And an uxtheme patcher. and a shell/ explorer replacement. :>

-eye

Ilya Minkov wrote:

 Hmmmm... Next thing would be an interactive D screensaver written in...
 D! And an uxtheme patcher. and a shell/ explorer replacement. :>

 -eye

And then D icons and D sounds (what would they be like?). -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 24 2004
next sibling parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
J Anderson wrote:

[...]
 And then D icons

I have made one already. Have a look at images page at DigitalMars. So long!
Mar 24 2004
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Manfred Nowak wrote:

J Anderson wrote:

[...]

And then D icons

I have made one already. Have a look at images page at DigitalMars. So long!

documents? The recycle bin? -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 24 2004
next sibling parent Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
J Anderson wrote:

 This was just a joke really.  What would you have as my computer? My
 documents? The recycle bin?

rofl So long!
Mar 24 2004
prev sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
How about a coffee cup for the recycle bin?

Oh wait on thats Java's icon isnt it? (snicker snicker)

Phill

"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:c3slt4$ck1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Manfred Nowak wrote:

J Anderson wrote:

[...]

And then D icons

I have made one already. Have a look at images page at DigitalMars. So long!

documents? The recycle bin? -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/

Mar 24 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> writes:
Icons: Lots of red, lots of D's, some braces and such thrown in now and
then.  For Recycle Bin, use an image of "gc.off" for empty and "gc.on"
for full.  ;)  For My Computer use an image of "asm{}" or some such.

Sounds: Startup sound would be the maniacal laughter of one Walter
Bright.  :D  Shutdown sound would be a whimpering.  Everything else is
soft and ambient, except the error sound which should be like nails on
chalkboard.

-C. Sauls
-Invironz

J Anderson wrote:
 Ilya Minkov wrote:

 Hmmmm... Next thing would be an interactive D screensaver written in...
 D! And an uxtheme patcher. and a shell/ explorer replacement. :>

 -eye

And then D icons and D sounds (what would they be like?).

Mar 24 2004
prev sibling parent larry cowan <larry_member pathlink.com> writes:
Icons - how about Walter's handwritten "D"?

Sounds: "Da..!" and "Duuhhhh"

It's a D! :p can anyone make a 3d version of the D man at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html ? That would be nice. Ant
Mar 24 2004
parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Ant

can anyone make a 3d version of the D man

webpage. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 25 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
Its on my desktop :o))

If you do capitalize the P and L, can you post please, and I will update.

Thanks!

Phill.

"satelliittipupu" <satelliittipupu_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c3sek6$314o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Here's a little picture.
 It's for use as D promotion, and maybe as a desktop background.
 If you want to use it in some commercial use, please contact me.

 it as you will.

 I'm not going to post these pictures here, after this. So don't worry.

 not going to be a flood of large attachments from me.

Mar 24 2004
parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
 If you do capitalize the P and L, can you post please, and I will update.

Please zip your attachments. Thanks. So long!
Mar 25 2004