D - [SDWF] Stewart's D Windows Framework early alpha version is here

reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
SDWF is a simple framework for the programming of Microsoft Windows
applications, inspired in part by Borland's ObjectWindows Library (OWL).
  It is a thin layer over the Windows API, rather than a higher-level
GUI library hoping to be cross-platform.

As the version number implies, it is currently at an early alpha stage
of development.  It'll develop in completeness as time progresses....

http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep
next sibling parent "Nam" <dreamweaver mail15.com> writes:
Sound promising . I'm looking at it .
news:c221oj$26fg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling next sibling parent reply Joel Lucsy <jjlucsy usol.com> writes:
Stewart Gordon wrote:
 SDWF is a simple framework for the programming of Microsoft Windows
 applications, inspired in part by Borland's ObjectWindows Library (OWL).
  It is a thin layer over the Windows API, rather than a higher-level GUI
 library hoping to be cross-platform.

 As the version number implies, it is currently at an early alpha stage
 of development.  It'll develop in completeness as time progresses....

 http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

 Stewart.

Can't seem to get there, connection refused. -- Joel Lucsy
Mar 02 2004
parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Joel Lucsy wrote:

 http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

 Stewart.
Can't seem to get there, connection refused.
Me to.
Mar 02 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Nam" <dreamweaver mail15.com> writes:
Hmm me too !
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c221oj$26fg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 SDWF is a simple framework for the programming of Microsoft Windows
 applications, inspired in part by Borland's ObjectWindows Library (OWL).
   It is a thin layer over the Windows API, rather than a higher-level
 GUI library hoping to be cross-platform.

 As the version number implies, it is currently at an early alpha stage
 of development.  It'll develop in completeness as time progresses....

 http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

 Stewart.

 --
 My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
 unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep
 replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Mar 02 2004
next sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Nam wrote:

Hmm me too !

Hu? are you treating this threaded newsgroup like a non-threaded forum? From a newsreader it makes things hard to read. At the very least reference what your responding to.
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c221oj$26fg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

SDWF is a simple framework for the programming of Microsoft Windows
applications, inspired in part by Borland's ObjectWindows Library (OWL).
  It is a thin layer over the Windows API, rather than a higher-level
GUI library hoping to be cross-platform.

As the version number implies, it is currently at an early alpha stage
of development.  It'll develop in completeness as time progresses....

http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep
replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.

-- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 02 2004
prev sibling parent reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Nam wrote:

 Hmm me too !
<snip top of upside-down reply> Oh dear, it looks like it's gone down again. So the validator is telling me - my uni's proxy server is keeping hold of it though. Let's try again in the morning. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Mar 02 2004
next sibling parent reply Nam <Nam_member pathlink.com> writes:
I've tested your framework and see it run ok . Please I need an alpha ;) , not a
pre-alpha version.
When i was testing the helloworld example , it throws an exception when I press
the update button on dialog1. But everything runs fine , I'm looking to your
source in order get more details. ;)
btw,  I hope I will see a more details documentation .
In article <c22b0q$2ni0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Stewart Gordon says...
Nam wrote:

 Hmm me too !
<snip top of upside-down reply> Oh dear, it looks like it's gone down again. So the validator is telling me - my uni's proxy server is keeping hold of it though. Let's try again in the morning. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
I'm a lonely poor D newbee on the long long way going to D expert , and the way for newbee to D expert is long , long and long ....
Mar 03 2004
parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Nam wrote:

 I've tested your framework and see it run ok . Please I need an alpha
 ;) , not a pre-alpha version. When i was testing the helloworld
 example , it throws an exception when I press the update button on
 dialog1.
Yes, it throws an exception if neither radiobutton is selected. I really should initialise them.
 But everything runs fine , I'm looking to your source in
 order get more details. ;) btw,  I hope I will see a more details
 documentation.
<snip> I'm working on it, but most weekdays the only time I get on my PC is an hour or two in the evening. Hopefully I'll have time at the weekend, and have it mostly if not all done by this time next week.
 A small suggestion : Please use opAddAssign to handlers if you can,
 cause the handler=&function remind me to an assembly world and the +=

 (though I'm a javaman and i expect the object.addHandler than
 operator += ) ;)
The handler array relies on the identification of two things: the message itself being handled and the name of the handler method. How do you reckon the += syntax would work? Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Mar 04 2004
prev sibling parent reply Nam <Nam_member pathlink.com> writes:
Sorry to double post but seems I don't find the way to edit my message in
newsgroup.
A small suggestion : Please use opAddAssign to handlers if you can, cause the
handler=&function remind me to an assembly world and the += will generate more

Nam wrote:

Sorry to double post but seems I don't find the way to edit my message in
newsgroup.

Generally you can just cancel your old message. Well at least in mozilla you can. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 03 2004