D - std.zip

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
ive written a game engine (in D of course) that loads its files from zip files
just like quake3 does. Before this i researched what my options were for zip
files, and i found out that phobos already has zlib bindings. I looked into this
but i could not find the unz* functions that come with zlib such as unzOpen. so
i compiled my own D import lib for the zlib library.

Am i missing something, or is std.zip just insufficient?
Feb 25 2004
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
imr1984 wrote:
 ive written a game engine (in D of course) that loads its files from zip files
 just like quake3 does. Before this i researched what my options were for zip
 files, and i found out that phobos already has zlib bindings. I looked into
this
 but i could not find the unz* functions that come with zlib such as unzOpen. so
 i compiled my own D import lib for the zlib library.

 Am i missing something, or is std.zip just insufficient?
If some functionality is missing from std.zip, I would assume that Walter would welcome a submission that adds it. I don't know if this example will tell you anything that you don't already know, but you might examine: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/20379 -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Feb 25 2004
parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I'd *VERY* much welcome the ability to add WinZip-compatible password
protection. If anyone was to do that, I'd be grateful for ages and ages;
well a couple of days anyway. ;)

"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> wrote in message
news:c1jojj$1bic$1 digitaldaemon.com...