D - IDE

reply Lorem <Lorem_member pathlink.com> writes:
Are there any plans to develop a full featured IDE for D (Esp, supported by
Digital Mars)? I have found DIDE and a small D plugin for Eclipse, but an IDE
sufficient for group development is still missing.

I personally have a tremendous bias toward Eclipse and Websphere, but in any
case, an IDE is as much a factor in language usability as the language itself in
many enterprise situations...
Feb 14 2004

What other IDE's are used for group development ? Charlie "Lorem" <Lorem_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:c0lqte$103g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Are there any plans to develop a full featured IDE for D (Esp, supported

 Digital Mars)? I have found DIDE and a small D plugin for Eclipse, but an

 sufficient for group development is still missing.

 I personally have a tremendous bias toward Eclipse and Websphere, but in

 case, an IDE is as much a factor in language usability as the language

 many enterprise situations...

Feb 14 2004
parent reply Jon B <Jon_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c0mbes$1quh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, C says...
 but an IDE sufficient for group development is still missing.

What other IDE's are used for group development ? Charlie "Lorem" <Lorem_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:c0lqte$103g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Are there any plans to develop a full featured IDE for D (Esp, supported

 Digital Mars)? I have found DIDE and a small D plugin for Eclipse, but an

 sufficient for group development is still missing.

 I personally have a tremendous bias toward Eclipse and Websphere, but in

 case, an IDE is as much a factor in language usability as the language

 many enterprise situations...

projects at the moment), or the Eclipse D plugin. For some reason DIDE doesn't like my machine and I'm not motivated enough to fix it. A standard D editor would be cool - er, that is if it's not already covered totally by DIDE, I wouldn't know:).
Feb 20 2004
parent reply C <dont respond.com> writes:
Hmm, what OS are you running ?  Your probably busy but any details you =

could give to whats going wrong I'd appreciate it .

Thanks,
Charlie

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:04:02 +0000 (UTC), Jon B <Jon_member pathlink.com=
 =

wrote:
 In article <c0mbes$1quh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, C says...
 but an IDE sufficient for group development is still missing.

 What other IDE's are used for group development ?

 Charlie

 "Lorem" <Lorem_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:c0lqte$103g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Are there any plans to develop a full featured IDE for D (Esp, =

 supported

 Digital Mars)? I have found DIDE and a small D plugin for Eclipse, b=

 an

 sufficient for group development is still missing.

 I personally have a tremendous bias toward Eclipse and Websphere, bu=

 in

 case, an IDE is as much a factor in language usability as the langua=

 itself in
 many enterprise situations...

 with small
 projects at the moment), or the Eclipse D plugin. For some reason DIDE=

 doesn't
 like my machine and I'm not motivated enough to fix it. A standard D =

 editor
 would be cool - er, that is if it's not already covered totally by DID=

 wouldn't know:).

-- = Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Feb 20 2004
parent reply Jon B <Jon_member pathlink.com> writes:
Win98 - It says the exe is corrupt, or an invalid format. But I have a huge
tendency to miss the blatantly obvious, so I'm probably using an outdated
version or something...

In article <opr3o2rdawehmtou localhost>, C says...

parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
 Win98 - It says the exe is corrupt, or an invalid format. But I have a
 huge tendency to miss the blatantly obvious, so I'm probably using an
 outdated version or something...

The last time I tried, I was unable to get DIDE working with win98 also (same or similar error message). That was several months ago, though, and I wasn't too concerned because I also had win xp.
Feb 20 2004
parent reply C <dont respond.com> writes:
Hmm weird, I cant think of any reason it shouldn't run , ill try to setu=
p =

an old computer here and get it running.

Thanks,
Charlie

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:06:16 -0800, John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> wro=
te:

 Win98 - It says the exe is corrupt, or an invalid format. But I have =

 huge tendency to miss the blatantly obvious, so I'm probably using an=

 outdated version or something...

The last time I tried, I was unable to get DIDE working with win98 als=

 (same or similar error message). That was several months ago, though, =

 I wasn't too concerned because I also had win xp.

-- = Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Feb 21 2004
parent reply Rickwal <rickwal iinet.net.au> writes:
Hi All
Down loaded DIDE some time ago and got the same exe corrupt, invalid
message.
using Win98se

Since I can only get dialup connection was rather p...off

regards

rickwal

C wrote:
 Hmm weird, I cant think of any reason it shouldn't run , ill try to
 setup an old computer here and get it running.

 Thanks,
 Charlie

 Win98 - It says the exe is corrupt, or an invalid format. But I have a
 huge tendency to miss the blatantly obvious, so I'm probably using an
 outdated version or something...

The last time I tried, I was unable to get DIDE working with win98 also (same or similar error message). That was several months ago, though, and I wasn't too concerned because I also had win xp.

Feb 21 2004
parent reply C <dont respond.com> writes:
Just so were 100% clear , the setup and install runs fine, then when you=
 =

try to launch it you get that message ?  Or is it the setup.exe thats =

giving that  ?

Thanks,
Charlie

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:16:53 +0800, Rickwal <rickwal iinet.net.au> wrote=
:

 wrote:

 Win98 - It says the exe is corrupt, or an invalid format. But I hav=

 huge tendency to miss the blatantly obvious, so I'm probably using =

 outdated version or something...

The last time I tried, I was unable to get DIDE working with win98 a=

 (same or similar error message). That was several months ago, though=

 and
 I wasn't too concerned because I also had win xp.

-- = Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Feb 22 2004
parent Rickwal <rickwal iinet.net.au> writes:
Hi Charlie

using win98se

dide version 0.991b

Appears to install ok
If I run from install program get the following

Error
Unable to execute file:
c\:program files\dide\dide.exe
Create process faled code 11
An attempt was made to load a program with an icorrect format.

Warning
The c\:program files\dide\dide.exe
appears to be corrupt
reinstall and try again

If I try running it from the desktop

Error
Windows can not run this program becaues it is an invalid format.

And the same warning as above
regards rickwal

C wrote:
 Just so were 100% clear , the setup and install runs fine, then when you
 try to launch it you get that message ?  Or is it the setup.exe thats
 giving that  ?

 Thanks,
 Charlie

 Down loaded DIDE some time ago and got the same exe corrupt, invalid
 message.
 using Win98se

 Since I can only get dialup connection was rather p...off

 regards

 rickwal

Feb 23 2004
prev sibling parent reply ender <astrothayne gmail.com> writes:
It's probably easy to find, but where can I find the Eclipse D plugin?
Jan 25 2007
parent reply %u <nomail mailinator.com> writes:
== Auszug aus ender (astrothayne gmail.com)'s Artikel
 It's probably easy to find, but where can I find the Eclipse D plugin?

Dsource is your friend: http://www.dsource.org/projects/ - Descent - DD (formerly 'eclipseD')
Jan 29 2007
parent Krzysztof =?UTF-8?B?U3p1a2llxYJvasSH?= <krzysztof.szukielojc gmail.com> writes:
%u wrote:

 == Auszug aus ender (astrothayne gmail.com)'s Artikel
 It's probably easy to find, but where can I find the Eclipse D plugin?

Dsource is your friend: http://www.dsource.org/projects/ - Descent - DD (formerly 'eclipseD')

DDT is death use Descent it's buggy, but i see updates every week in svn
Jan 30 2007