D - D documentation in .CHM format - any interest ?

reply "Sammy" <none here.com> writes:
Hi All,

I ran D 0.79 html documentation thru HTML Tidy
with the following command:

    set TIDYOPT=-i -f d.err -m -clean
    for %%f in (*.html) do tidy %tidyopt%  %%f

I got the following messages:

    line 1 column 1 - Warning: missing <!DOCTYPE> declaration
    line 249 column 1 - Warning: missing </a> before <h2>
    line 249 column 19 - Warning: inserting implicit <a>
    line 249 column 39 - Warning: discarding unexpected </a>
    Info: Document content looks like HTML 4.01 Transitional
    4 warnings, 0 errors were found!

I then converted the html to .chm format:

    Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702

    Compiling y:\DMD\D.CHM

    HHC3004: Warning: float.html : The HTML tag "<= " is not a valid HTML
tag (it does not     begin with an         alphanumeric character).

    Compile time: 0 minutes, 3 seconds
    52 Topics
    405 Local links
    185 Internet links
    13 Graphics

    Created y:\DMD\D.CHM, 264,888 bytes
    Compression decreased file by 564,370 bytes.

If anyone is interested, i can post the file here, or
send it by mail.

If more interest exists, i can produce a new .CHM with each
new release of D and send it to someone with a website.

I also found a program named: CHM To PDF who can do
a pretty good job.

     http://www.theta-software.com/chmtopdf.htm

Sammy
Jan 28 2004
parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Very cool , there is a tool to convert HTML -> CHM ?  Id defintly like a
copy .

news:bv932g$1cfg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
C wrote:

 Very cool , there is a tool to convert HTML -> CHM ?  Id defintly like a
 copy .
CHM is HTML. Microsoft HTML Help Workshop (available somewhere at MS for free download) can compile/compress a bunch of HTML files into a CHM. -eye
Jan 28 2004
parent "Sammy" <none here.com> writes:
"Ilya Minkov" <minkov cs.tum.edu> wrote in message
news:bv9dt4$1vg3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 C wrote:

 Very cool , there is a tool to convert HTML -> CHM ?  Id defintly like a
 copy .
CHM is HTML. Microsoft HTML Help Workshop (available somewhere at MS for free download) can compile/compress a bunch of HTML files into a CHM.
Well, yes and no. Its like saying: PDF is PostScript. Its true, but its more like PDF is PS + compression + security + functionalities + ... I used Visual CHM to produce the file. Its like and IDE for producing CHMs. Drop a bunch of html files in a project, click on compile and voila, you have a .chm Visual CHM produce 3 files which are then processed by the MS HTML Help Workshop. So, yes, there are tools to convert HTML -> CHM. Pocket CHM is another. -S
Jan 28 2004